DGT pickups

Domingo Lantigua

Has anyone changed out their DGT pickups? I'm thinking about putting in a Seymour Duncan Aph in the bridge. What have you put in yours, and how did it turn out?

Well, I swapped out the bridge pickup and did not get the results I wanted. Put the DGT back in. It seems the DGT pickups are really hot and need a lot of volume control work to get it to sound like I want. Volumes around 7.5 to 8 are a really good sweet spot. Then jack them up for that breakup! So an SD APH-1 and 2 sets of strings later, I have to find a way to make my peace and stop chasing tone so much!

When I got my DGT it had Mira pickups in it and it sounded really good , I have since put DGT pickups in it. Still great sounding :)
That’s because the guitar itself is gooooooood!! :)

I’m not sure how many folks here have heard of that Barbara Streisand - Paul Rodgers analogy Paul Reed Smith often espouses: “No matter what microphone you put on Barbara Streisand she’s not going to sound like Paul Rodgers.”

It comes across as a sales gimmick at first, but when you think about these things long and deep, then you realise it’s the truth.

In the best examples of electric guitar, for example Bernie Marsden’s “Beast”, you can actually hear the wood tone when he’s playing amplified - a cello like quality to the tone. It’s so distinct and intense, it’s amazing.

I think the one you swapped in is a medium output pup similar to the DGT, what type of change were you looking for?
Was trying to get rid of the midrangy tone it has, almost like a cocked wha. Put the original back in and fiddled with pickup heights and rolling down the volume , I think I'm good, for now!

Let me guess...you’re using a Tube Screamer or variant on your pedalboard? Fender amp or variant?

Let me guess...you’re using a Tube Screamer or variant on your pedalboard? Fender amp or variant?
No, King of Tone/Timmy through a Blues Jr. I have an SSH that sounds completely different. I'm not saying it sounds bad just too mid rangy. I dealt with it. Maybe an Inverse Tubescreamer!

Back