DGT Neck Shape — consistent since the beginning?

Ferg Deluxe

Hey all, quick question about the DGT neck shape. I had a DGT from late 2000’s, and really loved the neck. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2017 online, and I’d like to know if there have been any changes to the neck shape/size. I imagine that since it’s an artist model that the shape should have remained consistent, but you never know.

There are rumors that some tweaks have been done over the years but having played a bunch from lots of different years, I couldn’t tell the difference. It’s probably possible I could tell my specific DGT from others, but that’s it. One of the beauties of PRS is the consistency.

I've owned four DGTs - '08, '09, '10, and '12, with a fifth on order ...and they ALL have had COMPLETELY different neck shapes. I'm talking not even remotely similar. I'm talking thin to wide fat. The variations have been extreme.

Oddly enough (or not) each neck change also included other changes; like Phase II.5 to Phase III tuners, pickup surround changes, tremolo and pickup finish changes, nitro to V12 changes, and of course the binding on the neck change.

When my '18 arrives, I'll let you all know if yet another change to line brings a change in the neck shape.

Last edited:
Back