DGT Neck Carve

AtomicBlaze

Is the DGT neck a soft V or is it a C neck? I see measurements of the Depth online but not the carve type.

Yeah, I agree with Bodia...not a C carve. It’s certainly not a traditional V, either. Pickup any PRS with a Pattern regular neck and you are very close to a DGT, IMO. Mr. Grissom likes rolled fretboard edges, so it’s extremely comfortable and makes those big strings feel effortless.

To me it's similar to a pattern regular but narrower at the nut. Disclaimer: I have not measured them nor am I inclined to when I get home but that's what it feels like to me.

I don't feel a V to it at all, not even a soft V. I have 4 guitars with soft V carves, and that means noticeably more wood in the center of the neck. I don't get that with my DGT Artist. Feels like a great C shape with really rolled edges. It is a wonderful neck carve, though, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into it in terms of how it fits in your hand and wrapping your thumb if desired.

To me it's similar to a pattern regular but narrower at the nut. Disclaimer: I have not measured them nor am I inclined to when I get home but that's what it feels like to me.
Confused. I thought pattern regular was the narrowest neck at the nut. Is the DGT even narrower?? That would be pushing it, in my book.

Kevin

I will measure mine
The DGT neck feels like a cross between a Standard ( Pattern Reg ) and a Wide Fat to me.
I do not feel and V shape to mine

Confused. I thought pattern regular was the narrowest neck at the nut. Is the DGT even narrower?? That would be pushing it, in my book.

Kevin
My apologies, the neck I was comparing it to is a pattern, not pattern regular. I have 3 PRSi all with different neck shapes. A Wide Fat, a pattern, and the DGT. The DGT is fuller than the pattern and seems narrower at the nut. That is only based on how it feels to me. YMMV of course. I don't notice any sort of a V to the shape.

I have to agree that it really isn't a V as I said earlier. I mostly said that because I don't care for C, but I love the DGT. In my mind, that means it can't be a C! :D

IIRC, it was a hybrid of two. Like it starts as WF and then morphs in to Standard, or something like that. All I know is, I really like it!

The DGT carve fascinates me. I find it super hella comfortable. Yet when i measure it, it comes out the same as the the old Standard/Regular card, except when you mold the actual shape of mine it has more shoulder, so not a V. And the shoulder is not as drastic as a Santana. It's pure goldilocks.

I find Pattern Regular very comfortable, & while the same nut width, the DGT profile I owned felt much more like a V shape to my hands & not nearly as comfortable. YMMV

Definitely NOT a V...I had a few Jimmie Vaughan strats (loved those necks and overall guitar), the DGT definitely has a C feel and rolled shoulders. Comfortable is a word to define it.

There’s no GAS prevention allowed in a thread. If you aren’t further enticed, we will try harder.

A DGT neck feels so good that I need to touch it daily. In fact, I’m going to go touch it now. Be right back...:oops:

Right! I touch mine daily as well. Through my clothes, while I'm sleeping, when the Mrs isn't looking....

Back