DGT fan... NGD’s

I moved up to 11s on mine, and have not looked back. The DGT is such an easy playing guitar, between the neck carve and jumbo frets, that the 11s felt like 10s . I played Strat style guitars for years, this is my first guitar with a shorter scale length, it may not be much, but is so easy to play.
I’m all in on the 11’s. I wasn’t sure the first few days so I bumped down to 10’s but when I got the Cherry about 2 weeks later, I was back with the 11’s and that’s that. I put D’addario NYXL’s on and they’re great.

I tried 11's on my DGT. It was still tough on my hands. However I didn't want to go to 10's unless I had to, so I'm using D'addarios 10.5-48's. I played around with the action and now it plays like butter... I love my DGT.

Last edited:
I tried 11's on my DGT. It was still tough on my hands. However I didn't want to go to 10's unless I had to, so I'm using D'addarios 10.5-48's. I played around with the action and now it plays like button... I love my DGT.
I don’t think anyone considering a DGT should worry about “having” to get use to 11’s. The guitar is amazing with 10’s. There just happens to be some Grissom magic in the 11’s tone. I was able to adjust to the 11’s. If I start to struggle I’m going to give the set your using a try.

I don’t think anyone considering a DGT should worry about “having” to get use to 11’s. The guitar is amazing with 10’s. There just happens to be some Grissom magic in the 11’s tone. I was able to adjust to the 11’s. If I start to struggle I’m going to give the set your using a try.
I think it is just my hands getting old. 11’s were just on the edge. I wasn’t able to “fly” and play without thinking. I agree there is a little “magic” at the 11s. This set is only different in the high e and b strings. The rest of the gauges are the same, so I think it should be close. Also lowering the action slightly helped. I even tried my usual DR brand at 11s since I find them a little more slinkier but still too much. My next try might be the 10.5s pure nickel with Curt Mangan.

Well I guess I’m going to blow folks minds. I’m not a young pup anymore, 50. But I’m having lots of hand problems and they have gotten worse in the last year especially.

so to make sure I can keep playing and enjoy playing I have started putting 8’s on all of my guitars. This includes my DGT, which I just bought.

to my surprise, it sounds wonderful, plays great and easily accepted the 8’s. I had to spend some time adjusting the tremolo springs etc to get the bridge floating level etc. but the neck was fine and action was great other than a few small adjustments.

so far so good. And my hands thank me. Lol

Oops I did it again....

Bought the DGT goldtop 2 weeks ago and loved it so much I started shopping for a 10top. Here they are. Dk cherry burst is an Artist. It’s a difficult guitar to photograph accurately. This is close. Both the Gold and Cherry weigh approx 7.6lbs. Still getting use to the 11’s but almost there. GREAT pickups and very nice single coil tap. The white one on the bottom is my first PRS that still have. I think an 89' w a sweet switch

htt

Room light
plbPmKl.jpg

Daylite shot
tfX2xuw.jpg

sRhEG6w.jpg

h8ZDOou.jpg
Absolutely awesome!! Love both of them...... and let’s not forget the CU24 with sweet switch, a classic!

Back