DGT factory setup question

JFT

Hi,

what's the "regular" factory setup for action? (If there is such a thing)

There is not many DGT in the stores around here, the only DGT I could try so far had very high string action and I'm wondering if they are all setup like that from the factory.

Thank you

JFT

I'm finding a wide variety in regards to "factory" setup. Many of the shops are changing every guitar that comes in the door and they either set them WAY too low or crazy high. And I'd also guess that the factory might be setting them up a little higher due to cold weather shipment. The last DGT I played at a GC played like crap with crap strings...and I told them so. The last person probably played slide with their kid's dirty diaper. :mad: (but the guitar was killer)

Last edited:
Thank you for the answers.

Yes there is a page but information might be generic i.e a signature model might be setup differently according to the artist preference. For exemple the DGT neck specs are not even present on the "Neck profile and measurement" page...

The other PRS in that store (cu24, P22, Studio, Stripped-58 & SC-245) were all setup medium to medium-low action by comparison.

JFT

Back