DGT Electronics

Just to make sure I'm following you, are we talking about the pickup switch or the coil split switch? Any chance of posting a pic?

The resistors are soldered to the coil split switch, which is integrated with the tone potentiometer. One end of the resistors is soldered to the center lugs of the switch...NOT soldered together...and the other soldered to the chassis ground of the switch. Anywhere on the metal case is fine. The white pup coil tap wires are soldered to the switch lugs closest to the tone pot.

if the middle two switch lugs are pushed together and soldered, you'll have to de-solder them and carefully pry them apart. Use care because they are easy to break off at this stage.

I think we are on same page.
Yes, the coil tap pot.
It looks like they pushed the two middle lugs together at factory.

So when I separate them, I can remove the ground wire and no need to use it anymore?
Thanks for your help!

Yes, separate them, remove the ground wire, install the resistors and you should be set.

Yes, separate them, remove the ground wire, install the resistors and you should be set.

Mission accomplished I think. :biggrin:
Bridge in split mode reads 5.85 from cable from guitar.
Neck reads 5.12.

The bridge in full HB mode is 8.85.
Neck is 7.50.

No hiss really at all now.
Definitely a little beefier and less top end.

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys i have a 2008 dgt and want to upgrade the electronics by adding the resistors. My question is what to buy? I know the 1.1k and 2.2 k but are there any other specs to look for?

Very cool playing.

Definitely liked the 2008 PRS sound best, then the 2018 PRS, the LP was third IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks man! I love them all just on different days I think. It’s interesting how the old electronics sound vs new one.

Sounds very close to the 2018. I like it. Less volume drop etc like everyone described. To me the 2008 is a little more single cool ish even in humbucker but my ears may be playing tricks on me. The Les Paul is still in the case. I think the Les Paul does the Les Paul thing which I love but the dgt is so close and it’s tighter in the bottom end.

Here's a couple of new video's. Same setup with the helix. I also played with my Marshall vintage modern and they are almost identical in the room. I tried to record a few with the amp but my setup doesn't work very well. It was distorting the computer input.

Last edited:
Sounds very close to the 2018. I like it. Less volume drop etc like everyone described. To me the 2008 is a little more single cool ish even in humbucker but my ears may be playing tricks on me. The Les Paul is still in the case. I think the Les Paul does the Les Paul thing which I love but the dgt is so close and it’s tighter in the bottom end.
I've found similar. I have a 2008 DGT and a 19 Les Paul Standard with Rewind pickups.

Back