DGT coil tap capacitors...is this the latest version ?

DogPhishHead

9VFneUH.jpg

control cavity pic from my 2011 DGT. is this the current or "revised" capacitor set on the tone pot ? it seems to be a bit thinner tone compared to the recent videos of the DGT in coil tap position. I know 2011 was a change in the caps to get a more equal volume in the humbucker vs tapped position.

Both my 2012 McCarty 58 and my 2007 SC245 came with those mallory caps. They're well known for their very low tolerance (accurate capacitance)

I have two DGTs, one from 2011 with nitro finish, the other from 2014. The 2011 has less output and brightness than the 2014, especially when split. They almost sound like 2 different models to me, so much so I have to open the pickups and check whether somebody has changed them.

I have two DGTs, one from 2011 with nitro finish, the other from 2014. The 2011 has less output and brightness than the 2014, especially when split. They almost sound like 2 different models to me, so much so I have to open the pickups and check whether somebody has changed them.

Output usually a function of the magnet used in a pickup and its inductance.

Back