Design On A Dimebag VI: How The Grinch Stole Xmas. (A Quickie)

Love it! I really dig how the color came out, actually. It's like a metallic Trampas.

Hmm... That sounds better than what I was thinking of naming it! :)

That nitro looks so smooth like liquid glass on the top! Did you buff it or did it just do that straight out of the can?

Yeah, I had to sand and buff it. I even burned through a tiny spot. :oops:

That shot of Paco on the winged tuners like a boss made my morning. Great read.

Love how the leaf turned out! Now you just need to write some of these in your rider... like Van Halen & the brown M&Ms.

iXOnP9zg.jpg

Sh!t... my food unintentionally looked like that for a few days.

Thanks, homie!

You know, I toyed with the idea of filming these last two, but after seeing how much time it'd take uploading and editing the sh!t... I mean, I don't have the time or interest right now. If I had a few more spare hours in my life I'd probably opt for a shower and a nap! :(

Here's the other thing: I only do this for fun and to generate content for this site. I keep a fairly low profile on social media besides this site and have little to no interest in monetizing the process, and certainly have no interest in f@cking with other kinds of guitars, which I think I'd have to do if I wanted to make a go of things.

You see, other guitars are dumb. Other guitar forums (not including the other PRS centric places) are stupid places filled with crotchety boners. I don't wanna mess with that sh!t.

I do this stuff for us. You guys, the one's who inspired me to sign up and join our little community of Bangin'! guys (and gals. I swear there is one somewhere) that were/are so cool that they help each other, and generally lift each other up... it's a rare group of folks, and an even rarer guitar company.

That's the sh!t that drives me.

Who else throws a party for their customers? Yeah, they're selling stuff, but they also put the effort in all the time, for everything they do. What other group of guitar guys flat out f@cking buys someone their dream guitar? Do they do that sh!t on MyLesPaul or TGP or some other joint? Do they let peeps stay at their home, drive them around, come in town for dinner, meet their families, and spread positivity thought the world? No. They just talk sh!t (for the most part)... Man... I don't need to make money off of this sh!t because I already got paid up front! This place used to, and still does some amazing stuff for one another. All the pay-it-forwards, the contests Hans' and JFB did, hooking each other up with parts, etc. etc...

Plus... my stuff is basically folk art. It photographs well but it's not really up to the standards that I think stuff you pay for should be done to. Realistically, if somebody wanted some help with ideas or concepts.. by all means, invite me to the Vault with you and your dealer, or conference call me when you're getting your PTC order form ready... I have lots of ideas! :D

I hear you and totally respect that.

I'm just finishing writing my team's yearly reviews (and trying to parcel out raises), so I'm in full-blown "manager encouraging you to shine your light bright" mode.

Also, I selfishly want to see those videos...

I'm just finishing writing my team's yearly reviews (and trying to parcel out raises), so I'm in full-blown "manager encouraging you to shine your light bright" mode.

Word! And I totally appreciate that. I hope I didn't come off as reprimanding you or anything, more just a stream of conscience explanation.

yeah Im with you. except I just selfishly want to see the videos.

Thanks, homie!

You know, I toyed with the idea of filming these last two, but after seeing how much time it'd take uploading and editing the sh!t... I mean, I don't have the time or interest right now. If I had a few more spare hours in my life I'd probably opt for a shower and a nap! :(

Here's the other thing: I only do this for fun and to generate content for this site. I keep a fairly low profile on social media besides this site and have little to no interest in monetizing the process, and certainly have no interest in f@cking with other kinds of guitars, which I think I'd have to do if I wanted to make a go of things.

You see, other guitars are dumb. Other guitar forums (not including the other PRS centric places) are stupid places filled with crotchety boners. I don't wanna mess with that sh!t.

I do this stuff for us. You guys, the one's who inspired me to sign up and join our little community of Bangin'! guys (and gals. I swear there is one somewhere) that were/are so cool that they help each other, and generally lift each other up... it's a rare group of folks, and an even rarer guitar company.

That's the sh!t that drives me.

Who else throws a party for their customers? Yeah, they're selling stuff, but they also put the effort in all the time, for everything they do. What other group of guitar guys flat out f@cking buys someone their dream guitar? Do they do that sh!t on MyLesPaul or TGP or some other joint? Do they let peeps stay at their home, drive them around, come in town for dinner, meet their families, and spread positivity thought the world? No. They just talk sh!t (for the most part)... Man... I don't need to make money off of this sh!t because I already got paid up front! This place used to, and still does some amazing stuff for one another. All the pay-it-forwards, the contests Hans' and JFB did, hooking each other up with parts, etc. etc...

Plus... my stuff is basically folk art. It photographs well but it's not really up to the standards that I think stuff you pay for should be done to. Realistically, if somebody wanted some help with ideas or concepts.. by all means, invite me to the Vault with you and your dealer, or conference call me when you're getting your PTC order form ready... I have lots of ideas! :D

Well said! Extremely well said!

Well, I guess it can't be too bad. I had a bandleader that I used to work for come by yesterday and try and rope me into a gig (that's a different story..). When we went downstairs to plug some guitars in, the first one he gravitated towards was this one. He picked it up and even called it "beautiful" :rolleyes:

Taste is subjective. :p

Well, I guess it can't be too bad. I had a bandleader that I used to work for come by yesterday and try and rope me into a gig (that's a different story..). When we went downstairs to plug some guitars in, the first one he gravitated towards was this one. He picked it up and even called it "beautiful" :rolleyes:

Taste is subjective. :p

You're your own worst critic, as the saying goes. Also, genius artists always think their work is poor.

That shot of Paco on the winged tuners like a boss made my morning. Great read.

Love how the leaf turned out! Now you just need to write some of these in your rider... like Van Halen & the brown M&Ms.

iXOnP9zg.jpg

Uhh, what are those? OK my guess is..gold leaf McMuffins? o_O

Back