Design On A Dimebag VI: How The Grinch Stole Xmas. (A Quickie)

In progress

bMLtxyq.jpg

j2jQIx1.jpg

7G34IF7.jpg

nptWawt.jpg

That's Jade Balls, Dude

I like the fact that the gold leaf reacted. It’s unique, hell anyone can have a gold top and some of them go green anyway!

You sir are an artist, great work.
Sorry to hear about your Mum. Your wee lad is a cracker, good to see he’s taking after his Dad, with his luthiery skills! :D

DUDE I know it’s been said but that turned out reeeallly sick. These last 2 projects have been really dope. This one especially is super cool.

The green looks awesome!

@sergiodeblanc's unique finishes are light years cooler than distressed standard ones.

You need to do 2 things:
1. Film your process and monetize on YouTube. People would love to see these epic journeys.
2. Go into biz taking limited orders. Don't let people spec, just a very broad "fire and forget" where you work your magic. I would build you an order site in exchange for a discount...

Seriously - who needs a boring relic job when you could have a unique ax?

And on the YT front, it would be like Philip McKnight's new "Sharpen My Axe" series - but amazeballs!

That nitro looks so smooth like liquid glass on the top! Did you buff it or did it just do that straight out of the can?

That shot of Paco on the winged tuners like a boss made my morning. Great read.

Love how the leaf turned out! Now you just need to write some of these in your rider... like Van Halen & the brown M&Ms.

iXOnP9zg.jpg

For those that can't wait...............I think it looks tits! Not man-boobs icky. Big bouncy honkers sweet! That "green" looks cool as hell under different lighting.

Thanks, Bodia. Yeah, it's a bit of a chameleon. When light hits it, it kinda changes colors.

And thank you again for those clear knobs (and the rest of the pile of lampshades) that you gave me. You're generosity is almost unparalleled. I say almost only because of the company we keep.... and for that goddamn harmonica you gave Paco. :mad::p

Seriously, you're a star.

Now THAT is what I call a BANGIN' axe! Does it smell like new money? Cause it should! BOOM! Love it bro! Damn Sergio youre creative genius never ceases to amaze! And to think, I thought I was cool because I oredered some lampshades and some black Strap Locks for the CR... Pssfftt, I'm not even close to cool! For real man, this is awsome!! It gives me a serious inferiority complex but it's still AWESOME!

Great read too...Being a newb, I didn't know about your mom, my condolences bud. I lost my pop 10 years ago, kills me and i miss him everyday! I definitely inherited his creative prowess and his passion for music...my mom on the other hand, was kind enough give me the gift of an addictive personality and abandonment issues...thanks maa!o_O

Little man Paco is digging the winged tuners too huh? Like father like son! Love that pic!

Thanks again for sharing this man! Keep Em coming! This sh!t always inspires me and never gets old!! Kudos to you homie!

Thank you, Scott.

Yeah, it does smell like money... about $50 worth of nitro. Don't feel inferior, those lampshades and strap locks were all the CR needed!

Wild and cool! I love it!

All the best guitars turn green.

Thanks!

Well sh!t... Then this guitar must be the best of them all, cause it's pretty f@ckin' green!

Paco's a cool kid, and has a creative dad

Blown away by that finish it came out fantastic, really looks good against the satin back too. Love the colour in the gold, adds depth and texture.

Think its best yet, and i loved the bernie.

Thank you. Paco is the best, I hope that I can teach him how to f@ck things up proper!

That satin back idea caused a few headaches on its own. Namely how exactly to transition from the glossy glossy to the matte-y matte-y.

That is so bizarre that I love it! Very cool!

Word! It's crazy lookin'. It took me a few weeks to get over the disappointment and embrace how it came out... I'm still working on that to be honest.

SWEET x 1000% :) can't wait to see it

Right on, Mike! I know... we gotta get together soon.

This finish looks like one of the Ritz guitars (and WRC) from back in the 80's :cool:

Not sure I know which guitars you're talkin' about.... unless it was covered in Ritz crackers with slices of Sage Derby on it? :eek:

Fabulous!
You’re a one-man PTC. :cool:

I'm their off-site diversity hire. I'm a two-fer: limited mental capacity and fruity. :rolleyes:

“Bangin’”

Yeah? Thanks!

That's Jade Balls, Dude

That's what I imagine Jade Balls would look like... all wrinkly an' sh!t.

There's going to be a museum dedicated to your efforts no doubt. "Sergio's Hall of Serendipitous Discovery and Toxic Leftovers"

It's already there in Stevensville. Go through the West St. shop, just past the women's bathroom, out the doors, and next to the big dumpster in their parking lot. ;)

Its a shame your gold decided it would rather look like mold.

Still, I’d rock that sucker.

And I might be in love with your mom. I hope she is happily making heaven a prettier place to live.

Thanks, buddy!

Well I know for a fact my mom was in love with you and the rest of you guys. She was still around when the White Westie thing happened and... I don't know how this is possible but, I think she was even more excited about it than I was. Couldn't stop talking about it to anyone who'd listen.

Beautiful little guy, Serg!

The guitar’s interesting in its own special way, too.

Thanks, Les, I agree! I'm in love with my dude and the guitar is.... uhhh... interesting.

Your wee lad is a cracker, good to see he’s taking after his Dad, with his luthiery skills! :D

If he takes after his mother it'd be even better... she's the one in charge of buying me new guitars from now on. :p

Totally flippin’
bounce.gif

(blank stare for 15 mins)

Dude...TOTALLY off the hook with that one!! Congrats on the build and get Paco a properly sized guitar strap for crying' out loud!:p

Thanks! He's got one! All he does is chew and drool on it though..

Spalted gold leaf?

Very cool!

Spalted is mold, right? So yeah!

DUDE I know it’s been said but that turned out reeeallly sick. These last 2 projects have been really dope. This one especially is super cool.

The green looks awesome!

Thanks, Elliot!

@sergiodeblanc's unique finishes are light years cooler than distressed standard ones.

You need to do 2 things:
1. Film your process and monetize on YouTube. People would love to see these epic journeys.
2. Go into biz taking limited orders. Don't let people spec, just a very broad "fire and forget" where you work your magic. I would build you an order site in exchange for a discount...

Seriously - who needs a boring relic job when you could have a unique ax?

And on the YT front, it would be like Philip McKnight's new "Sharpen My Axe" series - but amazeballs!

Thanks, homie!

You know, I toyed with the idea of filming these last two, but after seeing how much time it'd take uploading and editing the sh!t... I mean, I don't have the time or interest right now. If I had a few more spare hours in my life I'd probably opt for a shower and a nap! :(

Here's the other thing: I only do this for fun and to generate content for this site. I keep a fairly low profile on social media besides this site and have little to no interest in monetizing the process, and certainly have no interest in f@cking with other kinds of guitars, which I think I'd have to do if I wanted to make a go of things.

You see, other guitars are dumb. Other guitar forums (not including the other PRS centric places) are stupid places filled with crotchety boners. I don't wanna mess with that sh!t.

I do this stuff for us. You guys, the one's who inspired me to sign up and join our little community of Bangin'! guys (and gals. I swear there is one somewhere) that were/are so cool that they help each other, and generally lift each other up... it's a rare group of folks, and an even rarer guitar company.

That's the sh!t that drives me.

Who else throws a party for their customers? Yeah, they're selling stuff, but they also put the effort in all the time, for everything they do. What other group of guitar guys flat out f@cking buys someone their dream guitar? Do they do that sh!t on MyLesPaul or TGP or some other joint? Do they let peeps stay at their home, drive them around, come in town for dinner, meet their families, and spread positivity thought the world? No. They just talk sh!t (for the most part)... Man... I don't need to make money off of this sh!t because I already got paid up front! This place used to, and still does some amazing stuff for one another. All the pay-it-forwards, the contests Hans' and JFB did, hooking each other up with parts, etc. etc...

Plus... my stuff is basically folk art. It photographs well but it's not really up to the standards that I think stuff you pay for should be done to. Realistically, if somebody wanted some help with ideas or concepts.. by all means, invite me to the Vault with you and your dealer, or conference call me when you're getting your PTC order form ready... I have lots of ideas! :D

Back