Design on a Dimebag III: The Revenge of Sergio

Feels great! I may just leave it that way. I'm not sure what epoxy I'm using, I'll dig the tube outta the trash and get back to you.

I'll dig the tube outta the trash and get back to you.

Not that important Sergio. Don't waste your time. My issues were different. I was staining a veneer and the epoxy bled through which started my first "do-over". You're probably not going that route.

Dang, Sergio, are you auditioning for a job at the PTC? Just don't forget the winged tuners.

Yesterday I started sanding off the finish and spread some epoxy over the rest of the broken control area when I encountered my first "I am your father Luke" moment: underneath the bitchin' black cherry stain I found out..... IT"S BLUE!!!!! Arrrgh!!! I knew it! All guitars ARE actually blue! I know it doesn't look like it from the picture but it's really a slate-ish blue-ish hue.

I just figured out what color you need to paint it:

Here's the paint reference, DuPont F9215

beetle2000z2000betblue.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had enough tequila tonight to do this:

I still got a few cracks to take care of.
Always bet on blanc.

Looks like a cool project! I like the white.
Go Sergio!
Don't encourage him when he's "hanging out of his boxers" drunk and painting guitars! We don't need any Serg outlines on the finish of his new project. :eek:

Hmmm. Maybe that's a new quote to put into use...."Hanging out of his boxers drunk":rofl:

Back