Dented my guitar last night

guitarman001

I don't have straplocks so always keep one hand on the guitar.... went to open the case to get something out with the other hand and as it close, it came down on my orange PRS' top! Nothing major at all, just two small indentations on the top, still gutted though lol. At the same time, I'm never going to sell (famous last words!) - gotta be more careful but guess these things are inevitable!! You can't treat them like pristine collectors edition toy models in their packages or something!

It's called Mojo. Now you can concentrate on playing it without having to be concerned about dinging it up.

You won't be the first & you won't be the last to do this. I know I have (on a number of different guitars).
Just enjoy playing your great instrument.

I wouldn't call it mojo, I'd call it a dent! Then again, I wouldn't call it mojo if I got in a fender bender with my car and left it dented, either...

Not a big deal, but depending on the guitar I might send it to the PTC because they do a superb job with finish repairs of all kinds.

Then again, if it doesn't bother you, well...nothing to worry about!

Last edited:
That´s life.
I would like I was capable to handle my PRS likewise raw eggs. But things happen unforseen. Anyways. Finger- and footprints of use belong to a instrument if it´s not stored behind glass.

My encyclopedia of marks/dents/dings/dongs:

20150406_163414-jpg.452929

(A mark at the frontside edge of the headstock (hit by the closing upper shell of the case while emplacing the guitar in it.)

20150406_163627-jpg.452931

(A mark at the top side of the headstock. I may hit something anywhere.)

20150406_163713-jpg.452932

(Scratched the edge of a table.)

20150406_163735-jpg.452933

(I have no clue where I got this scar.)

20150406_163758-jpg.452934

(My Blackhawk mag pouch dropped from the top of shelf down to my guitar an touched the edge of the top.)

20150406_163840-jpg.452935

(1-2 weeks after NGD my guitar dropped from the strap while playing. This are the marks of the plug.)

I guess I´ll collect some more in my whole life with the guitar :laugh:

^^^ I guess that if I sent one to PTC for a finish repair, straplocks would be included. Hope it never happens, knock on wood??? :tongue:

Oh man, I just kill me sometimes.

Last edited:
I breathed a sigh of relief after the first dent on my #1. I have no idea how it got there, but it`s always bound to happen if we play them. To me, playing is 98 % of the fun.

some people pay thousands of dollars extra for stuff like that......

2 pinhead dents so far and the culprit is the tip of the jack...not me Noooo :creep:

Buy a new guitar.

What Vaughn said.

But you can't just trade in or sell the old one.

As the person in charge of the only official PRS Disposal Unit Managed Properly *, I can tell you that the only proper and respectful way to dispose of a no-longer wanted PRS is to send it to the PRSDUMP, where it will be seen off to its final reward with great respect and honor, much like the American flag. Sure, the US government provides guidelines on how to properly dispose of the flag, but PRS, as is their usual practice, decided not that a job done properly requires appropriately trained and managed personnel, thus our unit.

Please feel free to send me a PM and I'll send you the details. And, of course, this is open to anyone who wants/needs to dispose of a PRS.

(* - until the cease and desist letter comes)

That orange guitar will still be a lovely guitar to play even with the dents.
I wouldn't worry too much. The first ding is always the one that hurts the most.

However, I haven't got a ding yet…

It's always unfortunate but it's inevitable when objects are in motion. The next one won't hurt as much though. :vroam:

I don't have straplocks so always keep one hand on the guitar.... went to open the case to get something out with the other hand and as it close, it came down on my orange PRS' top! Nothing major at all, just two small indentations on the top, still gutted though lol. At the same time, I'm never going to sell (famous last words!) - gotta be more careful but guess these things are inevitable!! You can't treat them like pristine collectors edition toy models in their packages or something!

The dent can be pulled out a touch with a damp towel and and a soldering gun. Dropped a speaker on my first PRS the day I took it home.

I feel your pain. the other week I knocked my e-cig off the coffee table and it bounced off my guitar. it left 2 little dinks in the finish, I got a couple of quotes to repair it from some local guitar techs that deal with that kinda thing but I'm going to leave it for now. if its still bothering me in the new year I'll get it sorted.

I feel your pain. the other week I knocked my e-cig off the coffee table and it bounced off my guitar. it left 2 little dinks in the finish, I got a couple of quotes to repair it from some local guitar techs that deal with that kinda thing but I'm going to leave it for now. if its still bothering me in the new year I'll get it sorted.

you should see what these guys have done!

Back