Demographics: Settling the discussion once and for all

Which of the following most accurately describes what you do (or did) for a living?

• Health Care (Doctor, PA, Nurse, Anesthesiologist, Lab Tec, etc.)

• Legal (Lawyer, Paralegal, Mediator, etc.)

• Engineering (IT systems, mechanical, structural, etc.)

• Public Servant or Military (Police, Fireman, Teacher, Active Duty, etc.)

• The Arts (Illustration, design, photography, music, etc.)

• The Trades (Electrician, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpenter, etc.)

• Business Owner (self employed)

• Training & Development

• Management (Including Project & Program Management)

• Other (sorry, poll is limited to 10 options)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Teacher here, and no longer a public school teacher. I am now a private school teacher, and that came with a $22K pay cut!!!!! Most of my beautiful collection was sold off after my wife left at the end of November. I have three PRS' left - the purple P22, the SC245 57/08, and the pink sparkle CE24 DW. Oh well. They get the job done, and the others allowed me to get a new place to live, pay for a lawyer, buy new furniture, and have utility deposits - with cash left over. Blessings for sure!!
Dude, that’s brutal. Hang tough, brother.

Teacher here, and no longer a public school teacher. I am now a private school teacher, and that came with a $22K pay cut!!!!! Most of my beautiful collection was sold off after my wife left at the end of November. I have three PRS' left - the purple P22, the SC245 57/08, and the pink sparkle CE24 DW. Oh well. They get the job done, and the others allowed me to get a new place to live, pay for a lawyer, buy new furniture, and have utility deposits - with cash left over. Blessings for sure!!
Had to go through that myself, but that was quite a while back. Tough sledding but it sounds like you're on your feet and running.
Glad you made it.

I find myself way out on the tail of the bell curve on this one...but right in the sweet spot on the age question.

Oh man! I wish the best for you, buddy.

Engineering/Training/Management here.

Worked in Engineering for about decade and a half (don't have an Engineering degree, just a "Science" degree, so avoiding calling myself an Engineer), now transitioned to Program Management for the last decade and a half. Essentially all in the Training field (mostly Modeling and Simulation - i.e. simulators or training devices), either commercial aviation or military (mostly aviation, but enough other stuff too).

I suppose with our Sound Production company I could also check off Business Owner, but that is not really a useful income stream.

So far, 8.1% of the votes are in the medical field, only 2.7% are in law, and the dominate group (at 34.2%) is in engineering. That's three times more than the legal and medical professions combined.

Next time someone spouts off about PRS being a guitar for Doctors and Lawyers, send them a link to this thread with a steaming-hot cup of shut the f@#k up.

giphy.gif

only a lawyer would cite a voluntary survey as proof of anything, especially without a control group of the total population of guitarists.

Back