Demographics: Settling the discussion once and for all

Which of the following most accurately describes what you do (or did) for a living?

• Health Care (Doctor, PA, Nurse, Anesthesiologist, Lab Tec, etc.)

• Legal (Lawyer, Paralegal, Mediator, etc.)

• Engineering (IT systems, mechanical, structural, etc.)

• Public Servant or Military (Police, Fireman, Teacher, Active Duty, etc.)

• The Arts (Illustration, design, photography, music, etc.)

• The Trades (Electrician, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpenter, etc.)

• Business Owner (self employed)

• Training & Development

• Management (Including Project & Program Management)

• Other (sorry, poll is limited to 10 options)

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK. Worked as a CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CIC. Now I don’t work as a CPCU, CLU, ChFC, CIC. :D

I checked the “business owner” category since bullshitter wasn’t a choice.

Don't you mean "Stand up Philosopher"?

1p6feb.jpg

I’m a former software engineer who manages engineers and product designers working on ways to help you pay for stuff. You probably have our app on your phone or an app that uses us.

I used to work for the app on your phone that makes you super stressed about politics, but does let you talk directly to your guitar heroes.

Why won't my iPhone 11 backup to the iCloud...

My wife and daughter had that problem a few weeks ago. Neither of them ever delete photos from their phones or iPads; all of which are on the same iCloud account. As such, they had exceeded their Storage Plan. Once I bumped them up to the 50GB plan, the iCloud backups continued.

...or my PC?

Because its a PC? :)

You want to fix the world? Save my phone from me.

I'd offer to take it off your hands but bought myself a shiny-new iPhone 8 in Frankfurt last week. ;)

That was a great ad. I often wonder why most of the best ads disappear after a short one and it seems the others that suck run every commercial break.

Before Jack In The Box was national they had some amazing ads, like the one where the family is out in a remote area and his mother wants something, he defers, and she says "have I ever told you how difficult your birth was?". The next scene was his mother calling out to him "Do you have the keys?" as he's walking out to a helicopter.

I am going to replace the category nobody is using and replace it with the trades (Electrician, carpenter, swordsmith, etc.). Stand by. I need a mod.
I am going to nuke the category nobody is using and replace it with the trades (Electrician, carpenter, swordsmith, etc.). Stand by. I need a mod.

[EDIT: Okay, Jamie made the changes. Try now.]

Vote changed!
Thanks, fellas.:D

I’m a lawyer who on a very good day possesses below mediocre guitars skills. I felt compelled (per internet stereotypes) by profession/skill to buy PRS guitars. Now it seems I was misled into believing that I would be amongst a bunch of lawyers and dentists. On second thought perhaps this PRS thing worked out well for me on a social level?

I’m a former software engineer who manages engineers and product designers working on ways to help you pay for stuff. You probably have our app on your phone or an app that uses us.

I used to work for the app on your phone that makes you super stressed about politics, but does let you talk directly to your guitar heroes.

You work at Square, but used to work for Twitter? Can't get away from Jack?

Back