Delivery?

mark cassidy

I don't see anyplace on the PRS site where they have a cart and deliver orders. If that's the case, where would be the best place to order a PRS? Sweetwater? Musician's Friend? Amazon? I'm not a big fan of hanging out in GC, I have to say. One reason I ask is because I see pics like on the other thread about the new PRS models where you can get, for instance, a McCarty but with a whammy bar. I don't see that on the main site so how do you go about asking for something like that?

Last edited:
I don't see anyplace on the PRS site where they have a cart and deliver orders. If that's the case, where would be the best place to order a PRS? Sweetwater? Musician's Friend? Amazon? I'm not a big fan of hanging out in GC, I have to say.

There are numerous PRS dealers - especially in the US. PRS don't sell online, they sell to dealers so it depends on what you are looking for. If its Private Stock or some 'special' build, you would need to talk to the retailers that commission builds. If its just a 'regular' model in their range, you have the whole range of shops inc Online that may have the model you want in the colour you prefer. There is nothing wrong with going into one store, trying out the model you want, going home and searching online to find a better deal or the colour you prefer. PRS are so consistent that trying a Custom 24 in one shop, then ordering online from another is not a concern. Its not like going round every shop trying to find 'the one' because they are all the one (or not if you don't like that model). Of course there is some 'slight differences' due to the fact these are built with natural materials that do vary but they don't differ in that the one you order sounds 'lifeless' or has build quality issues. In other words, if you try a 594 in GC for example, you can order a 594 from Sweetwater in the colour you prefer and it will be remarkably similar.

PRS are one guitar that you can order online and not worry about getting a 'dud' - at least as far as US builds. Its also worth speaking to the retailer as you may negotiate a better deal...

You'll see that you can buy just about most things OTHER than guitars and amps. T-shirts, swag, logo items, etc

Personally, I'd go over to the dealer section of the website, or this forum, and find someone maybe close to you?

You'll find a wide variety of stock and prices, so taking a peek at websites that you find there is a good idea.

Perhaps if you provided your zip code you might get some suggestions from near by members.
Many thanks for the replies! I am in Houston. I just saw on the website that there is a store called Larks Guitars in San Antonio which looks like they have a pretty cool selection.

Many thanks for the replies! I am in Houston. I just saw on the website that there is a store called Larks Guitars in San Antonio which looks like they have a pretty cool selection.

Maybe call up the place in SA; ask if they can set up an appointment for an out-of-down customer; make a nice road trip out of it (well, if driving I-10 can be considered "nice") - make a side-trip up to LaGrange, say. Oh, and be careful of looking ... PRS Mesmerism Syndrome is for-real. :eek:

I was in Lark last week, very impressive shop. Beautiful place, really cool staff, and a good selection of PRS.

Maybe call up the place in SA; ask if they can set up an appointment for an out-of-down customer; make a nice road trip out of it (well, if driving I-10 can be considered "nice") - make a side-trip up to LaGrange, say. Oh, and be careful of looking ... PRS Mesmerism Syndrome is for-real. :eek:
Ok, just googled LaGrange (I'm not a born Texan - Canadian eh). Looks like a fun side trip. I think I might try to talk the missus into a run to SA.

^ My paternal grandfather was a Newfi, but my mother is born-and-bred Texan. So ... yeah. :p

^ so you got the time-zone reference! Granddad was from Heart's Content.
Absolutely!! If you've ever spent time in Canada and watch TV, it becomes part of your brain to hear announcers giving schedule details exactly like that: Seven Eastern, seven-thirty in Newfoundland. I'm originally from the UK and I find that Newfies sound / behave very much like Irish folks. Love to talk, love to drink! :)

Back