Delayed NGD thanks to FedEx and Photobucket

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Well, I've had this guitar now for about a week and a half (after waiting for FedEx an extra 2 weeks), and thanks to Sergio for helping me with Imgur, I can hopefully post photos again.

First of all, here's a pic of me carrying the guitar off the FedEx truck. I wasn't about to allow them to drive away without dropping it off. Many thanks to my office staff for standing and applauding in the doorway and taking a photo of the arrival. They were happy, too, because they were tired of hearing me b*tch for the past two weeks about my non-delivery.

BSwmtJc.jpg

So, without further ado, here is the mysterious new Silver Sky in golden mesa splendor:

LOXTuRt.jpg

And here are 2 shots after I put the pearloid pickguard on it:

DBaHkZi.jpg

Y0j2DQ7.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome! Enjoy it and congratulations on the new guitar.

Looks great, Steve! I like the pearloid guard - makes me think something like that would look cool on mine, if I wasn't too lazy to do it!

So is this the original or the replacement, and how do you tell them apart? I mean, other than one arrived and one didn't...

Looks great, Steve! I like the pearloid guard - makes me think something like that would look cool on mine, if I wasn't too lazy to do it!

So is this the original or the replacement, and how do you tell them apart? I mean, other than one arrived and one didn't...

Actually, Big Al, they did both come. The FedEx arrived a day after the UPS, even though it shipped 2 weeks earlier. My son-in-law (who is a lurking member here) actually bought the other one. JD for the win! :D

Actually, Big Al, they did both come. The FedEx arrived a day after the UPS, even though it shipped 2 weeks earlier. My son-in-law (who is a lurking member here) actually bought the other one. JD for the win! :D

Should you really be talking about your son-in-law's member, lurking or otherwise? :eek: Did you at least try them both and take the better playing one? Trick question - it's a PRS. They're all the better playing one.

Congrats!

I’ve been looking at those. I’m not much for Strat types but might want to give it a try. How does it compare to a Strat feel wise and tone wise? Better, the same, or totally different?

Looks great!

Golden Mesa is a great color, tried one at my local dealer over the summer. I’m still holding out for a maple fretboard though :rolleyes:

EDIT - just saw the post about Thomann advertising the maple board SS - oh schnitzel!

Last edited:
Should you really be talking about your son-in-law's member, lurking or otherwise? :eek: Did you at least try them both and take the better playing one? Trick question - it's a PRS. They're all the better playing one.

Allow me to respond to your 2nd question. :rolleyes: Both played great, but I kept the (slightly) darker fretboard.

Pearl strikes again...looks great.

Can't say enough good things about the SS. I had one briefly but returned her as a more urgent guitar need arose. Since they are so damn consistent I'll definitely get one again. Best sounding triple single I've ever played. 2&4 are perfect. I have 2 Strats with jumbo 6100 frets that I really love to dig into - and even despite the much smaller frets the SS played like hot-buttered silk.

Back