Deep Purple - New York 1973

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Back when I got my first car in 1975 my sister got me the Machine Head 8 track of Deep Purple.
Have always dug this band.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw them on their Perfect Strangers tour in the 80's. Missed the Super Bowl that year to go to the concert if I remember correctly. I was about 2nd row (standing) on the floor right in front of Jon Lord. Literally, my ears are still ringing from that concert.

One of my biggest "dork" moments happened at that show. I had binoculars with me and during an inexplicable dead silent moment between songs, I yelled "Ritchie!" and he looked my way. From the look on his face I'm pretty sure he saw the guy with binoculars standing only two rows from the stage. :). Great show. You can't really appreciate Jon Lord throwing that B-3 around until you see it up close.

Absolutely love DP...it's a shame Ritchie is such a head case...they were frickin awesome. There's a show on youtube where he throws a drink on a cameraman, apparently for no reason at all. Glover's awesome, too!

Absolutely love DP...it's a shame Ritchie is such a head case...they were frickin awesome. There's a show on youtube where he throws a drink on a cameraman, apparently for no reason at all. Glover's awesome, too!

??? They still ARE frickin' awesome! Grew up listening to them in the late 70's and 80's. Love me some Blackmore. They turned me on to Tommy Bolin too. Love that guy. So sad he checked out early. As for DP though, I have to say that I've loved them even more with Steve Morse. Purpendicular is an awesome listen. Maybe it's just my age (pushin' 50), but I love them more now than I did back in my youth. Gillan's quirky lyrics, Morse's burning guitar, Paice and Glover holding down the groove. Airey is more than competent on keys, but I really miss Lord. They still got it......

??? They still ARE frickin' awesome! Grew up listening to them in the late 70's and 80's. Love me some Blackmore. They turned me on to Tommy Bolin too. Love that guy. So sad he checked out early. As for DP though, I have to say that I've loved them even more with Steve Morse. Purpendicular is an awesome listen. Maybe it's just my age (pushin' 50), but I love them more now than I did back in my youth. Gillan's quirky lyrics, Morse's burning guitar, Paice and Glover holding down the groove. Airey is more than competent on keys, but I really miss Lord. They still got it......

Wow, I had actually forgotten that Steve Morse was in DP for a bit. Getting old I guess. I saw them at a House of Blues show when he was with them. He definately falls into the "scary good" catagory. I've never bought any of the albums after Blackmore was gone. If I remember correctly, and I rarely do, Vinnie Moore is with them now?

Wow, I had actually forgotten that Steve Morse was in DP for a bit. Getting old I guess. I saw them at a House of Blues show when he was with them. He definately falls into the "scary good" catagory. I've never bought any of the albums after Blackmore was gone. If I remember correctly, and I rarely do, Vinnie Moore is with them now?

I think Steve Morse is still the guitarist for Deep Purple. According to Wikipedia, he's been with DP since 1994.

Back