DECEMBER 2015 VAULT PHOTOS!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Hey ya'll!
Well, I was able to make one more trip to The Vault this year. It was a whirlwind...got in to Maryland at 6pm Thursday and back in CT for 9pm Friday...so..my apologies for the slight lack of pics. But, I figured you folks would want the details and pics anyway!

We did a few great builds for customers - Ill let them share that fun with you when the time comes, if they would like.

There is some cool stuff coming in 2016, exciting stuff....including a release of a model that has become an all time favorite PRS for me. But, anyway..

Lets get on with some pics! To start, here are two pics of the Private Stock 20th Anniversary model that we hand picked. Its available, let us know if you want it!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Custom 24, Curly Maple top and back (from the same tree, fo sho)
Brand new finish color which for right now will be called Joker (followed closely by Skeletor, Gravedigger and Goblins Breath.) Why so serious?
Figured Mahogany neck
Ebony fretboard
Curly maple headstock veneer
Smoked black hardware
20th anniversary birds in Charoite with yellow green stone (i forget the name) outlines and Mother of pearl whisps

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

I decided to respectfully copy Paul Miles' 7 Year Employee guitar with this one (theres a sneak peak of the side of it in this past weeks PSF)
McCarty Singlecut
Solana Burst top with binding, Tangerine Metallic body with continuous backplates
Bookmatched quilt maple headstock veneer cut thick with scraped edges to resemble the top binding
Honduran Rosewood neck tapped by Paul Smith
Honduran Rosewood fretboard
Inlays TBD
Hybrid hardware with Antique Bronze bridge

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Model TBA
:five: (but you may have seen a pic of it floating around)
Copperhead Smokeburst
Figured Mahogany neck
Exotic Ebony fretboard
And all sorts of other stuff that Im not sure I can mentioned just yet.

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Custom 24
So let me try to explain the finish on this:
Charcoal Burst top with a Transparent Blue Metal paint job. The Metal pinstripes will come up the middle of the body through the pickups right to the edge of the fretboard...the whole fretboard will be the same trans blue color as if it picked up where the pinstripes left off. The headstock will be curly maple stained Charcoal (with maybe some more Metal work) Follow me?!? Just giving you folks a glimpse of how our convos sound inside of the Vault..for the folks that havent joined us in there...its pretty hilarious.

Figured Swamp Ash body with continuous plates
Smoked Black hardware
Black with white web birds

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

I can't wait to see 6111! Sounds awesome!

And that Joker finish? Gorgeous.

Nice work again, sir!

Custom 24
So let me try to explain the finish on this:
Charcoal Burst top with a Transparent Blue Metal paint job. The Metal pinstripes will come up the middle of the body through the pickups right to the edge of the fretboard...the whole fretboard will be the same trans blue color as if it picked up where the pinstripes left off. The headstock will be curly maple stained Charcoal (with maybe some more Metal work) Follow me?!? Just giving you folks a glimpse of how our convos sound inside of the Vault..for the folks that havent joined us in there...its pretty hilarious.

Figured Swamp Ash body with continuous plates
Smoked Black hardware
Black with white web birds

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

English? Do you speak it?

No, seriously, I have no idea what you're saying, but that wood on the right without the outline is righteous.

Custom 24, Curly Maple top and back (from the same tree, fo sho)
Brand new finish color which for right now will be called Joker (followed closely by Skeletor, Gravedigger and Goblins Breath.) Why so serious?
Figured Mahogany neck
Ebony fretboard
Curly maple headstock veneer
Smoked black hardware
20th anniversary birds in Charoite with yellow green stone (i forget the name) outlines and Mother of pearl whisps

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg
What a great finish, Brian!

If Publishers Clearing House EVER comes through, I'll scarf every damn one of them. Not really, I'm too picky for that. Druther roll my own, anyway!

Hey Brian......another amazing run of Private Stocks. I cannot help but treat myself for Christmas. I will take 6080, 6083 and 6084 from the October visit and 6110 above. Have a Happy New Year!!!!

Hey ya'll!
Well, I was able to make one more trip to The Vault this year. It was a whirlwind...got in to Maryland at 6pm Thursday and back in CT for 9pm Friday...so..my apologies for the slight lack of pics. But, I figured you folks would want the details and pics anyway!

We did a few great builds for customers - Ill let them share that fun with you when the time comes, if they would like.

There is some cool stuff coming in 2016, exciting stuff....including a release of a model that has become an all time favorite PRS for me. But, anyway..

Lets get on with some pics! To start, here are two pics of the Private Stock 20th Anniversary model that we hand picked. Its available, let us know if you want it!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg
Brian (Or any one else who might know) - How do you find a flame top that has the pattern so diffuse and wide? Im not sure if I am articulating my question :) )

I have seen many PRS flame tops where the horizontal grain is very thin, linear and dense..... The flame on this is wide and not so dense....is that just a function of picking out the wood, or is it a product of the treatment/finish?

-pEP

Brian (Or any one else who might know) - How do you find a flame top that has the pattern so diffuse and wide? Im not sure if I am articulating my question :) )

I have seen many PRS flame tops where the horizontal grain is very thin, linear and dense..... The flame on this is wide and not so dense....is that just a function of picking out the wood, or is it a product of the treatment/finish?

-pEP
On the first guitar that is...I believe Joker

-pEP

Wood selection. There can be a lot of variation in the grain patterns available, both in the thickness of the flames and the contrast between the stripes.

Back