Dear PRS, Full Maple neck CE 22/24 Please?

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Yep, that's all I want....
Any Color, And PUP's, just would love to see a Core line model with a maple neck (yes I know Brent Mason's Sig) as a standard spec. The CE screams out all maple neck to me. Doesn't need to be figured either....

Anyone else on board with this? I Understand it is impossible to please everyone, and of course I know Artist Pack, Wood Library, and PS will slake my lust, but please understand not everyone has that type of money.

I'm actually surprised there is not more of a market for this....and this is just my opinion but out of all my PRSi, I find my 25th SAS to be the most rewarding as far as tone/feel.

I'm sure some will dismiss this, and I don't mean to cause any controversy, it's just an opinion and looking to see if anyone else shares in my thought! PRS is my absolute favorite brand, and I do not question any of their motives/decisions....but I can only hope this is a possibility for us folks who may only have 2 grand to spend but don't want a strat...

Absolutely, I love my all maple neck Custom 24, and ordered a Singlecut Hollowbody II with an all maple neck. So yes, would love to complete the trifecta. Not sure I'm going to do my Private Stock like that, but thinking about it.

I am liking maple necked PRS these days !!!!
I bet a maple necked CE would sell well :)

I like it. Somewhat like the Swamp Ash Special. Those were nice feeling guitars.
Isn't there an original maple fingerboard CE out there? Would have sworn I saw one many, many years ago.

I agree, I think they would sell well. This would really be the first time PRS offered these specs at a really competitive price point, there's gotta be a market for this right?! seems like the new CE's are doing really good....
Could you imagine how good these new CE's would look with the color options out there? It just seems right to me...
Nothing like a maple board with those birds. I also think it would look amazing with the same type of bird material used on the CE/S2 line. No need to change anything PRS, just the neck wood You guys gotta have a bunch of non figured maple blanks laying around somewhere in that factory!?

Yes the Johnny Hiland model fits the bill somewhat, but it doesn't have birds which is my biggest selling point. Those birds on a maple neck don't get made often enough.....never mind a model accessible to mostly any serious player that has $1999, but not $5000 for a guitar. it's also an older model, a little hard to come by, and at the end of the day it's a signature model.

Ultimately, both the Johnny Hiland, as well as the Brent Mason have been discontinued...And i believe that if PRS puts out a model like this, without attaching someone's name... it will sell. A lot of people don't want to buy someone else's model, I myself don't mind, if the guitar has all the specs I'm looking for than I'll buy it!

Back