Dear Bodia ..

Trying to decide which is the most disturbing. Is it that you even know about this guy? Or, that you called him a "tresured legend? o_O:eek:

But, those French... you know... :p
My father had a book about him, which was given to Dad by my best friend, who I went to kindergarten with. And people wonder how I got my deviant mind.

Dear Bodia,

There is a store in SE Asia that has 4 guitars that I want. What is the appropriate purchase interval?

Mr Miss Shopping In Person
From SE Asia there should be no wait time. You should buy all 4 at once. Perhaps a deal could be struck, or at least consolidated shipping.

Between now and the election we have Halloween, a full blue moon in conjunction with Mars (that planet as close to Earth as it gets ((opposition)) and temporarily brighter even than Jupiter), an asteroid passing close by, and now Sean Connery has passed.

Do I need to worry?

Sleepless in the Southwest
You’re asking now??? You should have been worrying months ago!

Totally bummed by the Connery news. HUGE Bond fan.

Dear Bodia;

I am having troubles cutting off the sustain for song closing notes when playing on my PRS guitars (especially my PS), and it is stealing a lot of my time listening to them ring and ring and ring and ring. What is the appropriate decibel level at which to mute the strings and give up on this excessive sustain?

Thanks
Wasted

Dear Bodia;

I am having troubles cutting off the sustain for song closing notes when playing on my PRS guitars (especially my PS), and it is stealing a lot of my time listening to them ring and ring and ring and ring. What is the appropriate decibel level at which to mute the strings and give up on this excessive sustain?

Thanks
Wasted
One billion!

One billion!

giphy.gif

Dear Bodia, my wife doesn’t understand GAS and makes any acquisition rather uncomfortable. Is smuggling ever acceptable?
This is NOT a response to "Is smuggling ever acceptable?". I will leave that philosophical question to the Oracle - Sidhartha Bodia. But I will say this. @LSchefman and others in another thread here at the forum revealed a few months back, some of their methods to gear up, without their dears knowing what was up! I know one of the methods was (but I don't think this was from Les) "Buy guitars of the same color". The wifey will not be able to tell a custom 24 from a Eagle V if they are both the same color. Things like different pickups and switches, number of frets, etc. do not draw their attention. Mostly just the color. There is of course the obvious as well, shipping to a friends house, the office (I think @11top mentioned once that he stores a lot of his modest collection at his office to appear to the Mrs as if he is a frugal collector). Ensuring the wifey is out is another good one. Maybe surprise her with a spa day package the day it is supposed to arrive. That ensures you safe delivery, but also some time to get to know your new mistress!!!

I pray that I have not offended the Oracle by offering these options, but I left the difficult question for his grace!!!

Happy Smugglin'!
MW

This is NOT a response to "Is smuggling ever acceptable?". I will leave that philosophical question to the Oracle - Sidhartha Bodia. But I will say this. @LSchefman and others in another thread here at the forum revealed a few months back, some of their methods to gear up, without their dears knowing what was up! I know one of the methods was (but I don't think this was from Les) "Buy guitars of the same color". The wifey will not be able to tell a custom 24 from a Eagle V if they are both the same color. Things like different pickups and switches, number of frets, etc. do not draw their attention. Mostly just the color. There is of course the obvious as well, shipping to a friends house, the office (I think @11top mentioned once that he stores a lot of his modest collection at his office to appear to the Mrs as if he is a frugal collector). Ensuring the wifey is out is another good one. Maybe surprise her with a spa day package the day it is supposed to arrive. That ensures you safe delivery, but also some time to get to know your new mistress!!!

I pray that I have not offended the Oracle by offering these options, but I left the difficult question for his grace!!!

Happy Smugglin'!
MW
Remote office work made the smuggling possible for me. Just need to get rid of the boxes! :D. That said, my last few guitars have been Brown. A brown Vela and brown HB II are discernable to a wife's eye!

Back