DC3

Hanzo Hamamura

Hey everyone,

I couldn't seem to find any threads for the discontinued DC3 models (maybe I searched in the wrong area?).

Just wanted to see if there are any DC3 owners who can share their experience with the guitars.

Since they're discontinued, the one guitar shop on Oahu that is a PRS dealer doesn't have any.

I'm basically wanting to know how the pickups compare to typical strat pickups. I had an NF3 for a short period but sold it because I wanted that strat single coil sound (especially the neck pickup) but the NF3 simply is designed to be something different IMO.

Thoughts/experience?

Thanks!

I can tell you nothing other than I lust after a DC3. With maple fretboard. In Surf Green, with birds. (Anyone got one they are bored with?)

The DC3 didn't make much of a splash here I suspect because it simply is too much like an S-type, and wasn't that "pure PRS" thang that is going on with a CU24 etc.

I can tell you nothing other than I lust after a DC3. With maple fretboard. In Surf Green, with birds. (Anyone got one they are bored with?)

The DC3 didn't make much of a splash here I suspect because it simply is too much like an S-type, and wasn't that "pure PRS" thang that is going on with a CU24 etc.

There is a guy selling one here in Hawaii with maple board, in surf green...but no birds. ☹️

I like mine. Ended my Strat GAS and my 305 and EG GAS.

The pickups are kinda hifi sounding and height adjustment goes a long way, but the tone is there.

I did get a chance to play a used 305 but for some reason I wasn't really impressed with it. I did like the carved top though.

...but no birds. ☹️

Birds seem hard to come by on these, especially with maple boards. I jumped on mine thinking that if I didn't love it someone else would buy it quick because of them... which is how I wound up with my least favorite color.

UG9wFhZ.jpg

I did get a chance to play a used 305 but for some reason I wasn't really impressed with it. I did like the carved top though.

Same. The 305 looks the way I want a PRS "Strat" to look but... the DC3 delivers the way I need it to sound.

I haven't had a chance to play a DC3 but I love my 305's. Afraid to try a DC3. Running out of space and funds. Which really has not stopped me before!

Back