Dc3 owners modding experience

Im wondering now if its worth trying this 513 project..perhaps id be better off just trying to make my own Breant Mason, retaining the middle pup and adding two hum buckers , any suggestions?

Im wondering now if its worth trying this 513 project..perhaps id be better off just trying to make my own Breant Mason, retaining the middle pup and adding two hum buckers , any suggestions?

Realistically... you can do both.
You’ll have an extra pickup and guitar husk.

Know what’s better than a new guitar? Two.

Realistically... you can do both.
You’ll have an extra pickup and guitar husk.

Know what’s better than a new guitar? Two.

Sounds eerily like "you know what's better than one project, two!" I seem to recall that advice a couple of years ago. Worked out great! Glad I took it.

OP, you should take it too! :)

The cool part about the NF-3 and the DC-3 is you could make a couple of different pick guards and change it as your tastes change
The BM setup ( like mine ) is super versatile and really close to the current 509 I added a second tone cap option on the tone pot to give me the option of a darker tone also
can't wait to see what you come up with :)
As far as Humbuckers go I have 59/09s in mine they are in this guitar very bright/clear if you want to get closer to the 513 in hot humbucker mode look at a Dragon 2 / Tremonti or HFS in the bridge

Back