DC3 Frets

S

slang05

Anyone know the fret size on the DC3. Picked one up today, and I love it (did not at first, but the more I play it, the more I love it) but the frets seem huge..Like Jumbo's or bigger.

They take a bit to get use to. I wonder why they used jumbos on this guitar??? But it seems lie the more I play it, they better it plays to me..Guess I'm just getting used to it.

Yeah, I think some of the Jackson's have jumbo frets. It's weird to get use to, but I think now that I've played on it a few days it played a lot easier than about any guitar I have owned.

I love the pickups too..And the thing about it is the tone knob works..If it sounds thin or too Strat like, you roll back the tone knob a bit and it beefs it up. On most guitars it just makes it muddy, but somehow these pickups keep their clarity.

I love the pickups too..And the thing about it is the tone knob works..
On most guitars it just makes it muddy, but somehow these pickups keep their clarity.

That's what drew me to this guitar. Everything about it was made to be played. The neck, frets, scale length, and having pickups that sound equally nice in all five positions. Love the neck/middle position, such incredible tone that is easy to dial. Some pickups just don't make it easy to find "that" sound.

Back