DC22

i just purchased #15 from the first run. (pictured on first page of thread)

its my first prs and first pro level guitar. and hopefully the last electric guitar i will ever need to buy!

im used to bigger heavier guitars, so i epoxyd 200g of lead sinkers to the back of the cavity cover (the spare one, not the one with the serial on it)

also replaced the pots with linear pushpulls, making it vol / vol with individual taps and no tone - stock prs vol pot has way too much taper for my low gain tones.

found the tap on bridge pickup was too quiet and trebly, so put a 2k resister inbetween the tap and ground, now its a usable tone.

having trouble intonating it tho - with eilxir .11's on, even with the grub screw removed the bass side is 5c flat at 12th fret.

treble side is fine...

oh, and i dont like the phase 2 tuners at all - the ratio is way too low.

***edit - not sure what changed, but now intonation is bang on. wicked :)

Last edited:
im used to bigger heavier guitars, so i epoxyd 200g of lead sinkers to the back of the cavity cover (the spare one, not the one with the serial on it)
Wear it for 4 hours on stage and you might feel differently. ;) Coming off of an 11lbs. 10oz. Les Paul, my Cu24 was a godsend.

***edit - not sure what changed, but now intonation is bang on. wicked :)
it can take a while for a guitar to settle after changes. Unless it was abused, most PRSi are amazingly in tune - and stay that way.

Great first PRS, and welcome to the forums!

my background is playing bass, so im used to gigging with a pedulla mvp 5 string. even my sheraton is ergonomic compared to that!

the nut on the dc22 is a tad tight for .11's , getting a bit of pinking when tuning / bending. any suggestions on the safest way to very slightly increase the slot width without doing any damage?

my background is playing bass, so im used to gigging with a pedulla mvp 5 string. even my sheraton is ergonomic compared to that!

the nut on the dc22 is a tad tight for .11's , getting a bit of pinking when tuning / bending. any suggestions on the safest way to very slightly increase the slot width without doing any damage?

If you don't want to take it to a luthier, you can use a folded piece of 220 or 320 grit automotive sandpaper to widen nut slots. Just be very, very careful not to make them any deeper. Just work on the sides of the slots. Go slowly and check often. Don't be in too much of a hurry. It shouldn't take too long. You could finish off with 800 or 1000 grit to "polish" the nut slot sides, though that may not be necessary. That's just my personal preference. YMMV, etc...

You can also take an old wound guitar string (the size that doesn't fit perfectly) and run it thru the slot like you would a nut file or sand paper. It should only take a little bit. If you play coated strings, this won't work, but the EB Cobalts are a little more sawblade-like. :biggrin:

i have wanted one of these since I saw on on eBay (2 years ago). Every time one comes up I am late to the party. Dang!!!

gave each side of the g b and e slots about 5 rubs with 400, now its not pinking, string bending is smoother, and its staying in tune after bends :)

**edit - Dont ever buy Alpha brand pots - of the two alphas i put in my dc22, one failed after 4 days with short circuit when turned up to 10, now a month later the second one has a big area of short circuit from 5 to 9.9 - contact cleaner only made the problem worse.

Last edited:
My baby!
But something has bothered me for a long time........
What does "DC" stand for????
HPIM7334_zps674bac93.jpg~original

Back