DC22

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;61969 said:
Out! OUT! Ye demons of temptation.

Yeah, the color of the one with dots is interesting. Good thing it
doesn't have a maple neck and a two-piece bridge...

If one of the guitars from the 1st run (with nitro) had birds and P90's... whoa Mama!

PTC? :call:

Looks like they still have a ton on hand. I pulled down the options and got a list of available serial numbers. Great price and smokin' fiddle!

Was totally unfamiliar with this guitar. My favorite platform is the Santana, and this looks like a 22 fret version of that.

What's the difference between this guitar and either a "22 fret Santana" or the traditional Custom 22 please???

Was totally unfamiliar with this guitar. My favorite platform is the Santana, and this looks like a 22 fret version of that.

What's the difference between this guitar and either a "22 fret Santana" or the traditional Custom 22 please???

Never seen a 22 Fret Santana that's not a private stock. The DC22 is pretty much that guitar, only with a stoptail. The first run with the satin neck and nitro finish is a little more unique and I believe those were a wood library run. The second run usually had better tops, the V12 finish and were available with old birds. The main differences between the 2nd run and the 2013 Custom 22 are the shorter scale length, thicker body (and shape), bigger neck profile, old birds, 59/09 pickups, and headstock shape w/phase 2s.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©

So Sergio and I think a Lucite (clear) body DC22 with a maple neck would be stellar. Anyone else dig that vibe?
No but your P90 idea rocks!
Aw, come on...Lucite is a tone plastic. :laugh:

IMO, the Golden Eagle is the best iteration of the Santana-bodied models. *drool*

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;60015 said:
So Sergio and I think a Lucite (clear) body DC22 with a maple neck would be stellar. Anyone else dig that vibe?

I think it'd be cool as heck, but not sure I'd want one for myself. If that makes sense.

But I love the body shape, and would certainly dig a wood one. With P-90s!!

Last edited:
That's the dirty channel version. Will post the clean channel video when I get home.

Last edited:
These should be a production model - didn't realize these were around when I posted in Les' "spec your own signature model" thread, but mine was almost identical. Put a regular headstock on there and a SG-style control setup, and it'd be perfect. Not that I would kick one out of bed as is...

Thanks for the vids Hans, cool stuff!

Back