DC 594 NGD - *Not* a 2020 - and blown away!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
As if I haven't already had enough NGDs so far this year, yesterday was another one, and it was a DOOZY!

(In my defense, I did return a DC 594, returned an Amp and Cab, and sold my DGT today, so I don't really feel like I spent any money! Plus I am sending Mike's favorite 2020 DC 594 to CA next week, so I will technically be down three and then up one.) ;)

I had been eyeing this one for about a month, but that realization I wrote about on the 594Fest thread that I am really a DC guy at heart finally opened the door to pulling the trigger on this one.

Private Stock Aged DC 594 in Faded McCarty Burst!

bWgU6si.jpg

yh0ukgK.jpg

RxNbqsb.jpg

C5AFhUW.jpg

ZwsPqPE.jpg

n6rTTPY.jpg

XuPEZ1I.jpg

Aged by the PRS team, and with Gold MOP Blocks with "Absent Birds" - so very much like jfb's killer Dark Cherry Sunburst SC in those two aspects.

I wasn't 100% sure about the Block Inlays from pictures. In person - wow, I love them!!

The Aging isn't a big deal to me either way. I dig it. What I like about it most is the Aged Hardware, it just looks and feels "worn in", but no dings or anything, that would be off-putting. Just cracks in the Nitro, and a dulled finish.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I plugged it in - it is a beast! An absolute tone monster. My reaction reminds me *exactly* of the day in October 2016 when the SC 594 Prototype arrived, that I was so blown away that I had just received the best guitar I had ever owned. Almost 4 years later, I still feel the same way about that SC.

This one has that same sort of special mojo, a deep girth in the low end, yet still balanced across the spectrum. For my tastes, it is quite simply the best sounding PRS Doublecut I have ever owned, which is saying a LOT.

It sounds better at that tone in my head that I search for than any Doublecut before it, AND any Singlecut (of any brand), except for the Holy Grail SC. So a close number two!

Or, looking at it another way, a pair of Holy Grails, an SC 594 Holy Grail Guitar and a DC 594 Holy Grail Guitar. :)

The Ying to the Yang, two peas in a pod. They even look like they were meant to be together!

5pWrPSE.jpg

A happy day!!

Damn Pete!

You've gone full-in to this more natural, elemental look, and I love it!

And BTW ... prior year models are always better than the newest iterations, regardless of what that Paul Smith guy says. ;)

Thanks, everyone!

Now THAT is cool! What pickups do you have in it? Sweet!

I wish they offered “aged” on some core models...

Stunning Guitar Pete, big congrtas!!
What pickups are in it?

5815 LTs, that look like they were made in 58, not 15! ;)

I’ve been watching that for a while myself but couldn’t bring myself to spend the money. Absolutely love that top. Congrats! You picked up an awesome guitar!

Thanks for leaving it there for me!! :)

Congrats! it seems you definitely have 'a type' :D

You've gone full-in to this more natural, elemental look, and I love it!

Yes, "this time around" in coming back from hiatus, I seem to be only capable of the vintage finishes!

I am digging it, but when they are all together, it does look kind of silly... ;)

Congrats, that’s a beauty! Love the depth of the curl on the top and of course those tasty block bird inlays!

Was that the one from Lark?

Back