Day 6:

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
We've been on a nearly perfect vacation in an amazing Caribbean town. It's been fantastic in almost all respects. The down side? I almost asked the playing the guitarron if I could sit in with the band, as I am JONESING for some guitar time!

With the family and snorkeling gear, there's just no way to bring along even a small travel guitar. I'm having severe withdrawals. My left hand nails are too long. My foot is constantly keeping an imaginary beat. Every surface is a drum. My wife may kill me.

Oh we'll, back to the water, where I can sing into my snorkel and only annoy the nearest fish...

Having fun sucks, doesn't it?

Maybe you could fake swimmer's ear and head to a guitar store while the family snorkles....

Ha! LOL.

I was in the Turks and Caicos last week, met an awesome PRS player who has toured with Prince, he was great! We compared notes on PRS Private Stocks and people we knew at PRS, it was cool. He was an amazing player and a great vocalist.

I didn't bring a guitar either, I was tempted to go back and see him another night and ask to sit in on a tune or two! My wife talked me out of it. ;)

Having fun sucks, doesn't it?

Maybe you could fake swimmer's ear and head to a guitar store while the family snorkles....

I'm not sure I could find a guitar store down here. I'll just go back out and swim with the turtles, rays, and 'cudas!

I managed 10 minutes 5 days ago before catching a plane. I haven't even seen a guitar since.

Where are you? Is it worth being away from the guitars?

Ha! LOL.

I was in the Turks and Caicos last week, met an awesome PRS player who has toured with Prince, he was great! We compared notes on PRS Private Stocks and people we knew at PRS, it was cool. He was an amazing player and a great vocalist.

I didn't bring a guitar either, I was tempted to go back and see him another night and ask to sit in on a tune or two! My wife talked me out of it. ;)

Pete, can't you just order another PS to keep in a travel bag? I'm thinking a singlecut 408 with piezo. If you get tired of it, let me know. :)

Hey Sergio, how's the weather? :box: At least you can go visit Make 'n Music or Chicago Music Exchange, you know, to get out of the cold.

Ha! LOL.

"HEMINGWAYS"

;-))

Left the snow for Palm Desert and now at Manhattan Beach. I packed a bike instead of a guitar. I'll still have guitars when I get back to winter next week

I hear you. Enjoy it.

We just got home. It was our first non-working trip since our daughter was born two years ago. It was really fun introducing her to one of our favorite places and the ocean. She now loves the beach and is coming along with the water.

Now that we are home, I feel like Chris Farley: "remember that time when we were on the beach..."

I also took tomorrow off so I can play guitar for a few hours.

Back