Davy Knowles On Tour

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Davy is back on tour supporting his new album What Happens Next. We caught the first show Tuesday night, and the man is on fire. He played a lot of the new material. The crowd was a tad disappointing (my wife talked to one of the waitresses, and she said the crowds have been very erratic numbers-wise), and it almost felt like he decided he was going to give us a show that people would wish they'd attended.

Guitar-wise, it was his white and red Velas for all but the last song, a Rory Gallagher song he used his RG Strat for. Had a chance to chat with him for a bit afterwards - absolute great guy.

If this comes within striking distance, don't miss it.

At our show, a member of Pittsburgh's music royalty was there. At one point, he yelled something at Davy that we couldn't hear, and Davy replied, "Thanks, but mate - language! This is a family show!" My wife turned to me and said, "Did he just tell Donnie Iris to watch his language?"

FWIW, his new album is out Oct. 22, but he has it for sale at the shows. I picked that up, and the three Revisited CDs I didn't already have (live acoustic versions of his albums that he did as streams during the pandemic).

Back