David Grissom - Lessons with TrueFire - Open Road Guitar

jfb

Plank Owner
Didn't see this mentioned so I wanted to share. I am about to order this. There are plenty of videos on TrueFire's YouTube channel as teasers...good...good stuff.

Grissom and TrueFire deliver in a big way.

Last edited by a moderator:
jfb,

Man, thanks for sharing this! Please let us know what you think of it. DG is one of my absolute favorite players ever, so I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of it all. WooHoo!

Lloyd

This is such a great course...I have been spending a lot of time going through the different parts of it. It's a great overview of Grissom's style. A lot of what he does and the sounds he gets become clear.

We've got the same Truefire course. It's great. But the best part is being able to see and hear him play nearly every Tuesday here in Austin at the Saxon Pub using all the techniques/examples he demonstrates~! When you get there early enough you can sit, literally, five feet in front of him. He's uses a pair of his Signature PRSs and the 30 watt DG Custom amp rig, cranked up good and loud. It's an awesome display of great, fluid electric guitar. I just sit back and watch and listen and try to absorb everything he plays.

We've got the same Truefire course. It's great. But the best part is being able to see and hear him play nearly every Tuesday here in Austin at the Saxon Pub using all the techniques/examples he demonstrates~! When you get there early enough you can sit, literally, five feet in front of him. He's uses a pair of his Signature PRSs and the 30 watt DG Custom amp rig, cranked up good and loud. It's an awesome display of great, fluid electric guitar. I just sit back and watch and listen and try to absorb everything he plays.
You're breaking my heart... You are breaking my heart! You know that, right? I'm in agony here, man! I'm stuck up in the boonies, and meanwhile there are people in my same beloved Texas who are able to see The Man on a regular basis.

You're killing me...

Goldtop Lloyd :bawling:

So I went and bought this. Haven't had a chance to watch yet. But as a new 'student' to TrueFire you get 25% off your first order if you order within the first 7 days of signing up. They also give you $10 'TrueFire Cash'. I picked some other videos up too. Pretty stoked that a lot of them come with Guitar Pro files too!

Jesse there is a referral bonus too so PM your email or screen name for TrueFire and I'll see if I can get them to credit you. I know without the post I would not have known about the site, so you should get the referral in my opinion!

Thanks!

So I went and bought this. Haven't had a chance to watch yet. But as a new 'student' to TrueFire you get 25% off your first order if you order within the first 7 days of signing up. They also give you $10 'TrueFire Cash'. I picked some other videos up too. Pretty stoked that a lot of them come with Guitar Pro files too!

Jesse there is a referral bonus too so PM your email or screen name for TrueFire and I'll see if I can get them to credit you. I know without the post I would not have known about the site, so you should get the referral in my opinion!

Thanks!

Sent. Thanks Josh!

Hey Jesse - PM it to me as well. Not sure if and when I'm going to buy, but I'm probably going to buy. Might as well get something for a bud out of it...

Hey Jesse - PM it to me as well. Not sure if and when I'm going to buy, but I'm probably going to buy. Might as well get something for a bud out of it...

If you need to sign up use this link. It's my referral link. You get $10 credit and so do I.

Last edited:

Summertime Blues sale ends in 22 hours if that matters to you

It does - the Grissom is on sale as part of that.

Sure is!

Been watching some of the video getting warmed up to it. Plenty of Grissom talking about his hybrid picking technique and beyond. Good stuff on this one!

Here you go Goldtop: A Go Pro on the headstock and you can plainly see and hear the DG30 Rig by the sidewall. And both his hands showing the technique he demonstrates in the Truefire Video Course, too.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnAqFWhfos

[/URL]
You're breaking my heart... You are breaking my heart! You know that, right? I'm in agony here, man! I'm stuck up in the boonies, and meanwhile there are people in my same beloved Texas who are able to see The Man on a regular basis.

You're killing me...

Goldtop Lloyd :bawling:

Here you go Goldtop: A Go Pro on the headstock and you can plainly see and hear the DG30 Rig by the sidewall. And both his hands showing the technique he demonstrates in the Truefire Video Course, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnAqFWhfos

Thanks very much. I can never get enough of his playing. I've been a huge fan since the first time I heard him. It's been too long since I made it to Austin (I'm in Amarillo), and I just hope if and when I ever make it down there again I'll be able to catch him at The Saxon or wherever.

Lloyd

Thanks very much. I can never get enough of his playing. I've been a huge fan since the first time I heard him. It's been too long since I made it to Austin (I'm in Amarillo), and I just hope if and when I ever make it down there again I'll be able to catch him at The Saxon or wherever.

Lloyd

Yeah...we need to visit JD and see Grissom!

We saw Grissom(and his great combo), again, last night at the Saxon Pub and sat at the first table, by the wall, dead square in front of him, to check out if I could decode/unravel/understand/translate/get a handle on/put in context, what is in the Truefire Video. He played several variations of some examples(double note bends, open string riffs, for instance) but 3 times faster~! LOL! Folks, this man just flat out loves to play the guitar good and loud. If there are any Austin PRS Forum members here, I'd like to meet up and compare notes/swap riffs.

Jessica - live at Saxon Pub:

Been enjoying this from his latest cd - live version on YouTube too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back