David Gilmore Live

Mine too, but this latest work hasn't thrilled me.

"On An Island" was such a great album that it set the bar pretty high for future releases and I hate to admit it, but "Rattle That Lock" is not really grabbing me the same way OAI did. Maybe it's mostly due to the absence of Rick Wright (RIP) and the songs themselves just haven't grown on me yet.

On an island is such an amazing album. I have had RattleThat Lock for months and still haven't listened to it. Part of that is making the time and part of that is trepidation.

David (not Dave) Gilmour (not Gilmore) is my all-time guitar hero. He is the guy that inspired me to play, play, play. And I could cop his style, because I'm not a fast-fingered guitarist, so the usual 80s shredders were just not something I could emulate.

Oh, and David Gilmore is a jazz guitarist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gilmore

He was also born in a place called Cambridge, just other side of the Atlantic Ocean!

A local theatre had a one-night showing of David Gilmour Live at Pompeii, and I went. It was an incredible show.

They didn't market it very well, though. When I left, there was a late screening in another room, and only three people were there.

Marketing holes aside, it's absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend it. He does a good mix of old and new, and has a great band.

A local theatre had a one-night showing of David Gilmour Live at Pompeii, and I went. It was an incredible show.

They didn't market it very well, though. When I left, there was a late screening in another room, and only three people were there.

Marketing holes aside, it's absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend it. He does a good mix of old and new, and has a great band.
Yeah, I almost went, forgot. Glad I didn't buy tickets beforehand, I would've eaten them. Probably getting the Blu-Ray/box set.

Back