Davey Knowles Still A PRS Endorsee?

Gtrpkr

Does Davey Knowles still play and endorse PRS guitars? I watched a number of YouTube videos of performances as recent as last month and he was playing a Tele.

He posted a while ago that he still loves his PRSi, but he's riding a Tele wave right now. I saw him in January and will see him again next month. He played a Gibson on a couple songs and a Tele the rest of the night (minus acoustic). From where we sat, the Tele did not cut through the mix as well as the Gibson.

I love Davy no matter what guitar he plays...but I prefer him when he has "Ellie" in his hands!

He's an "old soul" and as a result I think he's drawn to vintage gear these days. He's said that he wanted a more vintage vibe on the latest album and that's where the 66 tele and the Gibson melody maker come in. Just wish he'd keep a PRS on stage for at least a few songs.

I bought my MC-58 after watching his YouTube walkthroughs of this model. Matter of fact, I would have never heard of him were it not for his PRS walkthrough videos. So I completely credit PRS for introducing me to Davy's talent.

I love vintage gear too, but miss the bite and growl of "Ellie" on stage! My fingers are crossed that he hasn't completely walked away from his PRSs!

I do not know all the behind the scenes stuff.

For me, he is a great player and singer. I smile more when he playing a PRS!!!

The same holds true for Al DiMeola. I much prefer to see that beautiful black custom or his Prism Signature PRSi in hand but lately, he's been using his old Les Pauls for his recent album and tour.

Back