Dave Knudson

mtbear_prs2-530-85.jpg

What's all that white stuff near the trem? Did he tape the selector switch to stay in the neck pickup position?

It is a puzzling setup all around....

Selector switch bondaged into 'neck', he's got a tremolo, but no bar....

I'm guessing he never uses the bridge pup. He also appears to refuse to whammy...

It is a puzzling setup all around....

Selector switch bondaged into 'neck', he's got a tremolo, but no bar....

I'm guessing he never uses the bridge pup. He also appears to refuse to whammy...

There seem to be a lot of PRS players that buy the guitars with the trems without ever using them. The trem apparently contributes to the sound in a way that appeals to people and for some, it is more comfortable as a hand rest than the stop tail. I like both. I have a DGT Standard and almost never use the trem. But I love the sound of the guitar and the feel of the trem is nice.

EDIT: maybe they intended the band name to be "Minus the Bar" but a spelling mistake happened? :D

Not using the bridge pickup is interesting though. Maybe that's just his signature sound?

Last edited:
Well Shawn I have to agree looks like that can has officially been open next question is who is gonna stir the pot ?:vroam:

Even a Goldtop with half a roll of tape on it is cool in my book. 'Course, that's just me.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I don't have a Goldtop PRS of some kind. Maybe someday...

'Goldtop-less'

There seem to be a lot of PRS players that buy the guitars with the trems without ever using them. The trem apparently contributes to the sound in a way that appeals to people and for some, it is more comfortable as a hand rest than the stop tail. I like both. I have a DGT Standard and almost never use the trem. But I love the sound of the guitar and the feel of the trem is nice.

That would be me. :) Never use the trem & sometimes will block on certain guitars...to me they play easier than the stoptails, and I like the neck angle better. They seem to have a slightly more "airy" or "open" tonal quality to them as well IMO.

I've said it before (and it was me, not Kevin) and I'll say it again: all DGTs are Goldtops, the rest are just mistakes.

That aside, as this not being a DGT thread, I love Dave's McCarty...I'm not sure what's up with the tape other than he REALLY doesn't want that switch to engage the bridge or mid.

I just love how he's got that thang out there working! He's not concerned about the resale value on that bad boy....OWNED. Oh yes. :rock::top:

Well, my dgt is black and it's all hog to boot. Pretty good sounding mistake if you ask me ;)

Back