Date Question SE model

Stephen Hatfield

I realize there are many threads regarding dating serial numbers but I'm confused about something I ran into. On a site called Guitar Insight they have a place you can enter a serial number for a PRS and it tells you when it was made and where.

I entered my serial number, Q14808, and this is what came out.

Serial number: Q14808

Production year: 2016
Model: SE serie
Production number: 14808
Factory: Made by Cort, Korea

Then, I go to the PRS site, and it explains that the first two numbers of the prefix are the year of manufacture, which seems to indicate my guitar was made in 2014??

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks
Steve

I realize there are many threads regarding dating serial numbers but I'm confused about something I ran into. On a site called Guitar Insight they have a place you can enter a serial number for a PRS and it tells you when it was made and where.

I entered my serial number, Q14808, and this is what came out.

Serial number: Q14808

Production year: 2016
Model: SE serie
Production number: 14808
Factory: Made by Cort, Korea

Then, I go to the PRS site, and it explains that the first two numbers of the prefix are the year of manufacture, which seems to indicate my guitar was made in 2014??

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks
Steve

For SE's, the Letter is indicative of the year so Q in this case is the year marker - not the 14808

For Core PRS guitars you have just a number which currently is 8 digits 19267808 which may also be written as 19 267808, would indicate a guitar made in 2019 (the first 2 numbers) and the 267808 would be the 267808 PRS guitar made.

I hope that helps...

Back