Dang Velas...

He is a Wizard of enablement! Wizard of Aahzz perhaps!! I think it is the blue beard that hypnotizes people!!! My next PRS will be a semi hollow Vela (charcoal satin or cherry natural) and I can not say he had nothing to do with that choice! Gotta finish paying off the 3 I already bought this year, so a few months out ;~((

It is the blue beard!!! Trickery

This is my first semi hollow, and how I justified another guitar. I wonder why I didn't do it years ago? Looks cool as hell and the difference is subtle but so worth it. I was even that dork that had his ear against the f hole like a little transitor radio..

I REALLY want to find a CE!!
I shoulda snagged one when I got the Vela (put the order in the day of release), but instead, I’ve experimented with a bunch of cool pickups. Guess which one this is…

velaplateback.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on a Vela after wanting one for the past couple years. Should arrive in a couple days. I haven’t had a new guitar in several years now. I’ve sold 3 or 4 since I bought my last one so it was definitely time!

Excellent decision :)

IMG_0659.jpg

It’s here! After several FedEx delays (for no reason since it sat at the sorting facility in my city for several days…) I have a Vela. The blue is a bit brighter in person and looks even better than I thought. I wasn’t aware they used a nitro finish on these too which was a nice surprise.

First impression was it’s super light (6 lb. 3 oz.) which is a good thing. It’s my loudest electric guitar acoustically. I can feel this whole thing resonating whenever I’m playing it. Much more than my other guitars. The pickups and tone options are near perfect for what I like to play 99% of the time. It also stays in tune ridiculously well. The bridge is super comfortable too. I just had to lower the strings a touch and set intonation.

Still in the honeymoon phase but I can see this being my #1 for quite a while. I don’t like to have too many guitars if I can help it and I’m now down to 3 electrics including this. PRS SE Cu 24 and a HSS Carvin from the early 90s.

I have no idea how to get the photo posted here. I’ve tried 3 hosting links now and I’m getting errors trying to edit the original post too.

IMG_0659.jpg

It’s here! After several FedEx delays (for no reason since it sat at the sorting facility in my city for several days…) I have a Vela. The blue is a bit brighter in person and looks even better than I thought. I wasn’t aware they used a nitro finish on these too which was a nice surprise.

First impression was it’s super light (6 lb. 3 oz.) which is a good thing. It’s my loudest electric guitar acoustically. I can feel this whole thing resonating whenever I’m playing it. Much more than my other guitars. The pickups and tone options are near perfect for what I like to play 99% of the time. It also stays in tune ridiculously well. The bridge is super comfortable too. I just had to lower the strings a touch and set intonation.

Still in the honeymoon phase but I can see this being my #1 for quite a while. I don’t like to have too many guitars if I can help it and I’m now down to 3 electrics including this. PRS SE Cu 24 and a HSS Carvin from the early 90s.

I was able to see the pic by right clicking and opening in a new tab - not sure if dropbox links work for photo hosting here. Either way, nice looking Vela - welcome to the cul...er, club!! I also decided I didn't want to have too many guitars, so I have 2 electrics - both Velas :).

Back