Dang Velas...

153810-1929addd5aa0b199447286843c0439d4.jpg

Really like that color combo!

I've really been wanting a Vela for the last couple years. I haven't had a chance to play one yet. Does anyone have firsthand experience of the difference between the solid body and semi-hollow? I'm leaning toward semi-hollow since I don't have any semi-hollow guitars yet but I'm not sure how that will impact the sound or feel since I'm only used to solid bodies.

I've really been wanting a Vela for the last couple years. I haven't had a chance to play one yet. Does anyone have firsthand experience of the difference between the solid body and semi-hollow? I'm leaning toward semi-hollow since I don't have any semi-hollow guitars yet but I'm not sure how that will impact the sound or feel since I'm only used to solid bodies.

I own both. The Semi is a touch warmer and chimier, the solid has more twang and bite, but really they're more similar than the are different.

Man, that is beautiful!!!! I so badly want a Reclaimed...
Thank you.

I actually bought a Reclaimed CE and Vela before this one. However, a friend wanted the CE for her husband, so I sold it.

The other Vela was really nice looking as well. I got both from Willcutt and was really surprised when they had five more come in at the end.

I just happened to log on at lunch for a break and window shop. I saw this one and knew it was mine, so I called immediately and told Eric to ship it. Then I sold the other Vela.

My daughter said she wanted to start learning to play in "her spare time at law school"..... silly girl. But dad gave her this one. :)

The only mod that I made was to put on black tuner buttons. I kept the originals, of course.

I blame the enabler @Aahzz for this pick up. I freakin' dig this guitar!

Screenshot_20210701-001154_Galleryb4011bbb91fe992b.jpg
He is a Wizard of enablement! Wizard of Aahzz perhaps!! I think it is the blue beard that hypnotizes people!!! My next PRS will be a semi hollow Vela (charcoal satin or cherry natural) and I can not say he had nothing to do with that choice! Gotta finish paying off the 3 I already bought this year, so a few months out ;~((

Thank you.

I actually bought a Reclaimed CE and Vela before this one. However, a friend wanted the CE for her husband, so I sold it.

The other Vela was really nice looking as well. I got both from Willcutt and was really surprised when they had five more come in at the end.

I just happened to log on at lunch for a break and window shop. I saw this one and knew it was mine, so I called immediately and told Eric to ship it. Then I sold the other Vela.

My daughter said she wanted to start learning to play in "her spare time at law school"..... silly girl. But dad gave her this one. :)

The only mod that I made was to put on black tuner buttons. I kept the originals, of course.
Spare time at law school, ha!

He is a Wizard of enablement! Wizard of Aahzz perhaps!! I think it is the blue beard that hypnotizes people!!! My next PRS will be a semi hollow Vela (charcoal satin or cherry natural) and I can not say he had nothing to do with that choice! Gotta finish paying off the 3 I already bought this year, so a few months out ;~((

Enabling is my super power :D

it did not take her long to realize it was not happening yet. Lol

she takes the bar in two weeks so hopefully she will still have an interest.

the danged thing is in my way. I kid.

I think the Vela is an excellent guitar to learn on. I was playing last night and thought to myself this is probably the guitar of mine I'd recommend first to a new guitarist. Such a joy to play..

Good luck to her on the bar first!

Back