Dang Velas...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
How the heck are they so freaking good??? Just got done with band practice, playing Simmons (my semi-hollow) through the Helix and was just so thrilled with the tone and the way it sits in the mix, the versatility...I have indeed found my perfect guitar. I had serious amounts of twangle going on when needed, smooth overdrive, clean chime...

veladog.jpg

Hell yeah brother!!!

Put a gainy Marshall Plexi behind it and all sorts of sh@tin’ n gittin’ will happen. The semi hollow component adds that X factor that agrees with lots of different pickups, too. I’d love to put a Frankie hummer in the bridge but I have something completely different in store for my Reclaimed Monster of the Depths.

Keep on rockin’!

Hell yeah brother!!!

Put a gainy Marshall Plexi behind it and all sorts of sh@tin’ n gittin’ will happen. The semi hollow component adds that X factor that agrees with lots of different pickups, too. I’d love to put a Frankie hummer in the bridge but I have something completely different in store for my Reclaimed Monster of the Depths.

Keep on rockin’!
Can we see this “ Reclaimed Monster”………. Please

I’m madly in love with my new Vela. PRS made some minor questionable cosmetic decisions which I’m in the process of addressing (I’m not a fan of the white edges on the pickguard so that was the first thing to go, I’m waiting on a plain rosewood truss rod cover because I don’t dig the stock engraved one, and I have several sets of knobs on order to see what’s going to look best). BUT, the guitar itself is absolutely killer. I expected that I’d probably replace the bridge pickup with a TV Jones Classic Plus or a Power’Tron, but both the stock pickups sound great. It amazes me that these guitars aren’t more popular, even though part of my brain understands it (too plain for the average PRS fan and just not on the radar of Fender/Gibson/Gretsch players because it’s a PRS). But boy is everyone missing out on a fantastic guitar.

Back