Dang Velas...

Now that I have another Semi incoming, once I get her setup to my liking there will be a Semi-Solid comparison video done.

Looking forward to your video Aahzz. What convinced me to get the semi hollow body was Phillip McKnights video on YouTube. I watched many video's and was 99% sure that's what I wanted. After watching his comparison of the solid body versus the semi the game was over and that was the determining factor for me. Again, you were of a big help too with answering some questions I had.

I am loving this guitar! I'm getting some really good tones with it through my Line 6 Pod Go for church and for my own thing.
With the Vela these tones sound "alive." It's the only way I can describe it. This guitar makes me want to play!

Looking forward to your video Aahzz. What convinced me to get the semi hollow body was Phillip McKnights video on YouTube. I watched many video's and was 99% sure that's what I wanted. After watching his comparison of the solid body versus the semi the game was over and that was the determining factor for me. Again, you were of a big help too with answering some questions I had.

I am loving this guitar! I'm getting some really good tones with it through my Line 6 Pod Go for church and for my own thing.
With the Vela these tones sound "alive." It's the only way I can describe it. This guitar makes me want to play!

I didn't know he'd done that - going to head to YouTube shortly to check it out :D

daisymelinda.jpg

Now why did you have to show me the Frost Green semi? I didn't even know that existed. I don't suppose it would sound any different than the McCarty burst satin, but since when do logic and reason come into these things?

Well...wait though. I bet the satin will sound better; less finish leaves the wood fibres less constrained and rigid, so it resonates more. Or maybe it's a thin enough finish for the wood pores to respirate through. I bet the gloss green GIRDLES and CHOKES the wood.

Yeah, that's it. Now I'm safe. Right? I won't be shopping Frost Green Vela semis now?

But WAIT! Hold the phone. Why not a Frosty Green solidbody as a comPANion to the semi? Now THERE'S a rationale I can rally behind. At least enough to convince myself...

Back