Dang Velas...

One day the world will discover the majesty of the Gotoh 510 trem and the FR will be allowed to RIP
I have at least 3 versions of PRS trems, a Floyd Rose (or two), Ibanez Edge, Wilkinson and EBMM. I’m Ok with all of them, when properly tuned. I’ve certainly had a few in the past that I didn’t care for. I’ve played both decked and floating Floyd Rose trems for years and have no problem rocking out with them. I WISH I had one on a guitar that feels like my Custom 24… but I’ve never seen or tried a C24 Floyd or Dusty Waring model, so my Axis will continue to be one of my main guitars.

Play what you like!

I have at least 3 versions of PRS trems, a Floyd Rose (or two), Ibanez Edge, Wilkinson and EBMM. I’m Ok with all of them, when properly tuned. I’ve certainly had a few in the past that I didn’t care for. I’ve played both decked and floating Floyd Rose trems for years and have no problem rocking out with them. I WISH I had one on a guitar that feels like my Custom 24… but I’ve never seen or tried a C24 Floyd or Dusty Waring model, so my Axis will continue to be one of my main guitars.

Play what you like!
Ugh I do want to get my hands on a DW CE so badddd

I really hoped I’d see a red one to try. Not a big fan of satin finish, but that sure wouldn’t stop me. But I’ve never see one one to try.
Apparently the satin finished CEs are some of the best sounding guitars PRS makes. Idiotically passed one up in a trade a few weeks ago. Something something hindsight 2022. Or something.

I made a terrible mistake in selling my Vela while funding the search for my perfect S-type guitar. I need to buy one again. Dang fine guitar.

Yup. I had 2 Velas, and sold one...it was still a mistake, I had to snag another.

Snagged a reclaimed after unloading a regular 2017 version. Holy hell does it blow out the regular finishes. The gorgeous wood with the satin finish is addictive. Feeling the grain on the neck instantly felt magical and buttery smooth. My eyes widen as i held it and played. Yeah, this one won’t get away.

Snagged a reclaimed after unloading a regular 2017 version. Holy hell does it blow out the regular finishes. The gorgeous wood with the satin finish is addictive. Feeling the grain on the neck instantly felt magical and buttery smooth. My eyes widen as i held it and played. Yeah, this one won’t get away.

I am so jealous - I really really really want a reclaimed....do we get pics? Please tell me we get pics....

Back