D'Addario XT strings

Have not seen these. What composition are they? Have tried the D'Addario NYXL's, but have not heard of the XTs. Something new from D'Addario?

They’re coated strings with the NYXL’s high carbon steel core, and, apparently, a new coating. My PS shipped with their coated 80/20s with the traditional cores, and sounded great. They recently changed the formula using the XL core, but perhaps not changing the coating (?), and while it’s good, it’s lost something.

I’m definitely going to try a couple sets of these and use them for a while, see how things go. If these don’t have it, I’ll switch back to an uncoated string; however, the extra life a coated string brings means I can use the acoustic on a last-minute project without having to do a string change, which I like.

...I’m definitely going to try a couple sets of these and use them for a while, see how things go. If these don’t have it, I’ll switch back to an uncoated string; however, the extra life a coated string brings means I can use the acoustic on a last-minute project without having to do a string change, which I like...

Les,

Please let us know what you think about the XT's. FTR, I usually don't buy anything unless I've heard/read some reviews about new products from trusted sources. You being a music recording person, like others, I'd trust your judgement because of your good ears....

I just wanted to bring this topic back up. I've tried them and I like them a lot. Has anyone else tried them?

I just wanted to bring this topic back up. I've tried them and I like them a lot. Has anyone else tried them?
I was waiting for some good feedback on these! They're becoming more readily available where i am... do they compare to Elixirs in terms of life/resistance? I'm ready to snap some up as i simply love NYXL's...

Back