D*mn you PRS!!.....

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
.....Your wide/fat neck profile is making it difficult for me to play my other guitars.

For YEARS, I have had guitars, usually many guitars, that weren't from PRS. I would typically have only one PRS guitar at a time. And it would get played sparingly as to not ruin the flawless finishes that I seeked out on them. I would break them out as kind of a treat to myself if you will, or when company came over that knew what they were looking at, I'd break them out. But I would play all of the other guitars I've had more. I wasn't playing out for a good decade and a half anyway so NONE of them got as much playing time as they probably deserved.

Now, however, with me joining a band and using one of my CU22s to play gigs with.....and as a result, rehearse with (so I am used to the feel enough to not have to think very much when I am playing), am finding that the wide/fat is sucking me in. And all of my other guitars don't feel quite as good. I have liked that neck since my first PRS in the early 2000s, but now, it seems to make my other guitars feel less like "home". And that kind of sucks because I do have some nice guitars with some great tones that I enjoyed having fun with in the past.

It is a disease I tell ya.......a progressive disease like drug addiction or alcoholism. D*mn you PRS!!!

Pic from today for effect ;)

68700453_10162087633235331_3185271836908716032_n.jpg

Nice! And I know the feeling. After getting my first Core, it was easy to get rid off all of my others (in order to buy more PRS Core guitars!)

What's the background on the Marine in your pic? OT, but I tend to call out appreciation for those that served when I see it.

That is my oldest son. He is out now and using the GI bill to go to nursing school. Heck of a lot better life plan than the one I had.

Congrats man! My oldest is getting ready to head off to the Army in a few months (following in my steps despite his mothers reaction). The Corps isn't easy and neither is nursing school (or being a nurse). Be proud and I wish him the best!

My Dad bought a Gibson a while back and brought it over to show me. I played 1 lick before deciding my fingers didn't like it and put it down.

Wait, what?!?! You’re crushing it at life.
You know what....now that I think about it, you are right.

There are people out there, with much better playing skills than me, who will NEVER be able to afford to own a core PRS guitar. And here I am differentiating between the one that I "play out" and the one that "I keep in mint condition because it is a limited run". Amazing how we can get complacent sometimes and it almost translates into being ungreatful.

I guess only wanting to play my PRS most of the time is a good problem to have in the grand scheme of things.

Your guitar has the same color finish as my McCarty. I got that McCarty as a gift and it came with a wide / fat neck. Being ignorant to PRS at the time, I thought to myself...."Hum, fat LP..no... Fat SG... no..Fat Melody Maker.. no.. just a darn comfortable neck. I never gave a thought to it even after reading all the documents and stuff that came with it. Hum.. "wide / fat..I figured that it meant the flat radius of the board that I was feeling and the chunk of the neck, which was probably correct even though I was ignorant as a stump about PRS in general. Now, it's one of my favorites over my strats, or my gretsch, which is close.

Your guitar has the same color finish as my McCarty. I got that McCarty as a gift and it came with a wide / fat neck. Being ignorant to PRS at the time, I thought to myself...."Hum, fat LP..no... Fat SG... no..Fat Melody Maker.. no.. just a darn comfortable neck. I never gave a thought to it even after reading all the documents and stuff that came with it. Hum.. "wide / fat..I figured that it meant the flat radius of the board that I was feeling and the chunk of the neck, which was probably correct even though I was ignorant as a stump about PRS in general. Now, it's one of my favorites over my strats, or my gretsch, which is close.
I think cherry burst was a pretty popular color in the early 2000s :D

You know what....now that I think about it, you are right.

There are people out there, with much better playing skills than me, who will NEVER be able to afford to own a core PRS guitar. And here I am differentiating between the one that I "play out" and the one that "I keep in mint condition because it is a limited run". Amazing how we can get complacent sometimes and it almost translates into being ungreatful.

I guess only wanting to play my PRS most of the time is a good problem to have in the grand scheme of things.

It’s all about perspective. Whenever I get down about stuff, I just need to take inventory of the good things and realize I live a charmed life.

Back