Custom pickups from PRS?

TRJC24PRS

Possibly A New Member
I soon will have a Cu24 7 string guitar after a few months of saving, I have played the guitar just it didnt sound quite how I'd like it to. Since I loved how it played I plan on purchasing it and swapping the pickups. The only problem is I would like to swap them into PRS \m/ pickups but they do not sell a 7 string variation for them on the website. Would it be possible for PRS to wind a pickup specially for me at an additional cost?

I scored some BK Stormy Mondays on Ebay quite cheap. To my perhaps untrained ears they sound great.

I used to swap pickups until I learned how much impact swapping pots and caps has and for 1/10th the cost ...

I have moved flippers into keepers with just a tone cap change from 0.047uF to 0.033uF. Remember that Pots have a 20% tolerance range and it matters from one end to the other with similar trend as if you swap from 500k to 1Meg or 250k nominals.

If EMGs then add space for a spare battery ... they make those 10year Lithium ones now.

I used to swap pickups until I learned how much impact swapping pots and caps has and for 1/10th the cost ...

I have moved flippers into keepers with just a tone cap change from 0.047uF to 0.033uF. Remember that Pots have a 20% tolerance range and it matters from one end to the other with similar trend as if you swap from 500k to 1Meg or 250k nominals.

If EMGs then add space for a spare battery ... they make those 10year Lithium ones now.

I need to get more into that.

Caps and pots can make a significant difference in the sound of a guitar. I frequently mod stock electronics to suit my wants. I have even wired up systems that allow for the use of different value caps using a mini-toggle or push/pull or really whatever switching method preferred. A rotary would be great for that but I have not used one before.

Back