Custom Pick-guards (NF3, DC3, Starla, etc.)

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I want to change the pick guard (and the TRC) on my NF3 from black to cream or antique white (not bright white). The PTC doesn't offer custom-cut guards. Has anyone found a reliable source for custom cut NF3 pick-guards?

All of my tools are in storage or I would have already cut my own.

NF3_Front_zpszmoco4gq.png

I want to change the pick guard (and the TRC) on my NF3 from black to cream or antique white (not bright white). The PTC doesn't offer custom-cut guards. Has anyone found a reliable source for custom cut NF3 pick-guards?

Check out Custom Pickguards at Pickguards.com. They'll do a custom size for you. Also Quick Guards at quickguards.com. They have a template for the DC 3 so I would think they could accommodate.

Last edited:
Go ahead and get your creme/ant wht one made up but just for thought, pickguards are fairly inexpensive, it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider getting a couple made up, maybe another in a custom funkycool design or color. Just a thought, tortoise shell, paisley, the link below has a ton of different materials, even has snakeskin. ........for the southwest pickers.:cool:

http://www.quickguards.com/index.php?shop_template

Thanks for the info, fellas.

Seems no one has a template ready to go for the NF3 - which means I will have to take mine apart, create a template, mail it in, reassemble the guitar (because I actually need it), and then do it all again when the replacement guard shows up.

:(

Is the DC3 pickguard the same but with different pickup holes?

Pretty sure I've got a CAD drawing of the hole required for a NF pickup, you could just measure where they are and they can modify the DC3 one to suit?

Hans, did a bit of Googling and found a rosewood NF3 pickguard for sale on tgp, more research revealed this was made by Jack Pimentel. Might be worth hitting him up to see if he still has the template...

I appreciate all the input, guys. I am going to try to find someone who wants to trade their white guard (and TRC) for my black one.

That is an exact duplicate of my NF3. I absolutely LOVE that guitar!!! When I got it, I was disappointed that it didn't have birds, because, to me, that is THE PRS thing. I still think about it every once in a while, but after playing it, it was a non-issue. My least fancy PRS guitar is one of the best guitars I've ever played!

I've always had a thing for all white strats, since during my formative years both Jimi at Woodstock and Trower Live featured the all white strat, white pickguard and pickups, maple neck. This guitar is some ways has become my go to strat. I thought about a white pick guard for it. The pickups would still be black but one big step closer to my all white objective. I didn't find any a couple years ago when I looked, and kind of gave up on it. If you do find one, please let me know where.

Congrats on a killer guitar! This is one of those discontinued models that makes you shake your head and say "wake up" to the guys who never gave this a chance. I had several guys at TGP tell me they loved it, but wouldn't ever buy a guitar that they couldn't swap pickups on. I said "if you have this guitar, you won't WANT to swap pickups. These are better than any pickups you could ever swap for!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tip

Hi, did you ever find a pick guard replacement for this? If so, I need a black one. Wanna sell it? How much? Thanks! John

Back