Custom pick guard for Vela

sdkirk

New member here looking for some help trying to get a custom pick guard for an S2 Vela...couple of questions, the second of which is a huge long shot...

I'm in the UK and have seen a few places online that will create one based on a template if provided, but does anyone have any experience with Jack's instrument services or original scratchplates?

The real long shot is this...A few years ago i bought a custom pick guard for a telecaster from Logan Designs in the US which was absolutely stunning. Looking at eBay they still seem to be trading, but they haven't answered my messages either through eBay or via their contact form online. Does anyone know if they are still going, and how i could contact them?

I may be able to help you out. I don’t currently have a Vela pickguard to create as a template but may be able to order one and create exactly what you are looking for. DM me if interested.

It's taken a little while to post this, but huge shout out to prs19 for making me this amazing custom pickguard for my Vela. Design was routed out, which is something I've never seen before, and the quality is amazing. Pictures to follow...

I'm not familiar with the companies you mentioned, but many customers have had good dealers with Pickguardian or WD Music for replacement guards.
I can vouch for the work of Pickguardian as he has made me a tortoise shell pickguard for both a 1981 Byrdland and a 1970 Gibson ES-355. Tortoise shell can go nuclear, although I've never had a problem with any Fender pickguard from the 60's. First class work.

that is AWESOME! I don't have any gits with guards, but if I did, I'd be after something like that!

Beautiful guard, but I'd worry about having to clean out the cutouts after awhile.

Back