Custom compact CAD 1x12 cab dims

Kine

Large Member
Ok, so I'm thinking of ordering a CAD 1x12 cab to go with my new HXDA. I have the matching 2x12 but I'm thinking of something a more portable. I'll, of course, keep the 2x12 so the 1x12 is just for certain applications. Would be nice with a different speaker than the vintage 30. Just for different flavor.

So I'm curious to know about size. I'd like to have the width be matching the width of the head (I'm at work so don't know the exact dims... 25 and change or something). Then I'm unsure as far as what I should go for the cab height and especially depth (maybe the same as the 2x12 height and depth?). Of course I'd like to have a cool face plate on there.

Would appreciate any help. I'm sure someone has done this before!? Any pix?

I have a Bogner Shiva cab. I love it because it's closed back, ported and matches the dimensions of the Shiva head perfectly. I bet PRS could set you up with something quite similar. Would be really neat if it matched the dimensions the head. I like that look.

I have a Bogner Shiva cab. I love it because it's closed back, ported and matches the dimensions of the Shiva head perfectly. I bet PRS could set you up with something quite similar. Would be really neat if it matched the dimensions the head. I like that look.
Very cool! Yeah, I like that look too. Nice and tidy!

It also brings up the question about open and closed!? Doh!

On a personal note, I'd love to try a Celestion Gold with my amp.

I'm not sure it'd work out, but I'd love to try.

Just got the official word from PRS: No Dice

Well, think of it this way:

I have an HXDA and the cab doesn't match it (Mesa Recto 212), and yet I lived to tell the tale.

I'm willing to bet you could find something that would work somehow. ;)

I think Bogner and Mesa both produce some small and very portable 112s that sound pretty darn good.

But I wanted the matching cab :bawling:

Just kidding! I just wanted to use the bawling emoticon!

Yeah, I have some ideas! :wink:

Howdy,
I have a CAD Custom 50 (Paisley and black gold). In June I ordered a 1x12 cab (w/ V30) in Paisley and black gold. Last week I decided to order another 1x12 in Paisley and black gold. The special orders were placed through my local authorized PRS dealer. Now I'm just waiting for them to arrive :) No one at PRS informed the dealer that these cabs could not be built to my specifications. Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears you could still order a 1x12 to match your HXDA head.
-Rc

Howdy,
Last week I decided to order another 1x12 in Paisley and black gold.
-Rc
Interesting, did you specify your own dimensions on this cab? I wanted a significantly smaller cab. Something like 23w x 17h x 11d...

Interesting, did you specify your own dimensions on this cab? I wanted a significantly smaller cab. Something like 23w x 17h x 11d...

Ahhh, I bet custom dimensions are the "roadblock." I just asked for a 1x12 w/ V30, Paisley covering, and Black Gold fascia. I don't think the 1x12's are quite as wide as the 2x12's.

Yup, kinda have a funny feelin like the amp department may be really busy atm... ifyaknowhatimsayin :wink:

Yup, kinda have a funny feelin like the amp department may be really busy atm... ifyaknowhatimsayin :wink:

Every time I'm at the factory Doug and his crew are B.U.S.Y. He always makes time to talk though. Super cool dude. He loves his work and it shows.

Every time I'm at the factory Doug and his crew are B.U.S.Y. He always makes time to talk though. Super cool dude. He loves his work and it shows.
Good to hear. I'm sure with the experience coming up that they're busy busy. Hopefully they'll unveil something new and incredible!

Question: What impedance setting would one choose on their HXDA or Custom 50 head when connecting both PRS 1x12 and 2x12 speaker cabinets?

The 1x12 is 16 ohms and the 2x12 is 8 ohms.

Howdy,
I have a CAD Custom 50 (Paisley and black gold). In June I ordered a 1x12 cab (w/ V30) in Paisley and black gold. Last week I decided to order another 1x12 in Paisley and black gold. The special orders were placed through my local authorized PRS dealer. Now I'm just waiting for them to arrive :) No one at PRS informed the dealer that these cabs could not be built to my specifications. Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears you could still order a 1x12 to match your HXDA head.
-Rc

Hey there!

Just going through the history here on the Amps Forum.

How did those 1x12's turn out with Paisley and Black Gold?

Also, what are the dimensions and weight?

Tone report?

Thanks!

Back