Custom 50 footswitch cable?

dmatthews

Dave's not here
Help a brother out? Anybody near their Custom 50 (or probably 20 as well), who can tell me what the footswitch cable is?
Mine's pooped out I think, but it's waaaaaayyyyy over town at the studio and I want to get a replacement before practice tonight.
I "think" it's a midi cable, not sure, and is it m-f, or what?
Anybody got theirs handy? The interwebs are empty of this tidbit of knowledge.

Cheers,
Dave

Here are two pics of mine. It's hardwired into the pedal itself.

uIAkagz.jpg

6t82acv.jpg

Ah, sorry I caught this too late!

FWIW, mine is male-male.
Yeah, there ya go!
Sorry for the late reply, I was at practice. Anyway, I bet myself that it was a din/midi plug in both ends, so I went to the store and grabbed one. I guess we have a particular run of C50 (maybe early?) with the plug on the footswitch.
Here's a pic or two... senility still at bay...:rolleyes:

I think mine's a 2012, maybe a 2013? What year is yours?
And what year is the ones with hardwire?

Yeah, there ya go!
Sorry for the late reply, I was at practice. Anyway, I bet myself that it was a din/midi plug in both ends, so I went to the store and grabbed one. I guess we have a particular run of C50 (maybe early?) with the plug on the footswitch.

I'm away from home this week, but I believe mine is from '13. Looks just like yours, paisley and all! I like having the footswitch cable disconnect on both ends.

Yeah, there ya go!

I had a 2015 and it was hard wired.

I'm away from home this week, but I believe mine is from '13. Looks just like yours, paisley and all! I like having the footswitch cable disconnect on both ends.
Yes, I think it's a bonus as well. My H pedal is hardwired and I need to bust out the soldering iron to fix it.

I wonder if/what some of the revisions have been to the amp over time. Obviously the footswitch. On mine, I basically have to pull the chassis out to change the power tubes, because the reverb tank sits directly under the tubes and there's not room to pull them out of the sockets. I also have to pull those power tubes to get at the V1 preamp tube. Probably the only thing I dislike about the amp. Also, my presence control only makes a difference in the last 10% of travel, no matter the volume of the amp or any other factors. Which is ok I suppose, I still get the sounds I want, I just wonder if that's the way it was intended. Bought mine used, maybe it was modded?

I haven't had the need or desire to change tubes yet, so noted!
I know the H went through at least a couple of revisions before the Custom replaced it. I think Doug et al do a great job of listening to users in order to facilitate those revisions.

late to the party. My Custom 50 was born on 3/12 and has a male to male detachable cable, easily replaceable.

late to the party. My Custom 50 was born on 3/12 and has a male to male detachable cable, easily replaceable.
Thanks Dave.
It turns out that the switch on the amp was set to "Lead" which of course precludes the footswitch from operating properly. Now I have a spare cable...
Where's my facepalm emoti? Oh... here it is!

Dave's not here...

But good deal on getting the problem figured out. Frustrating, but good are those times you figure out it was something simple after all.

Thanks Dave.
It turns out that the switch on the amp was set to "Lead" which of course precludes the footswitch from operating properly. Now I have a spare cable...
Where's my facepalm emoti? Oh... here it is!

Doh!

Back