Custom 24 tuning question

Bfarmer

Hi guys,
Would a custom 24 with 85/15 or \m/ pickups be ok for drop c tuning? I would probably put 11's on it. Just curious if any of you guys had experience with this setup.
Thanks!

Yes, just do a proper set up. Especially with the tremelo The Holcomb is a custom 24 and it's set up to drop c. You could do 10-52 gauge. I have the SE version and it's great.

I have a McCarty with a \m/ in the bridge and an 85/15 in the neck. It's a sweet combo.

Cool. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing on the pickup configuration. That or the tremonti pickups.

Yes, just do a proper set up. Especially with the tremelo The Holcomb is a custom 24 and it's set up to drop c. You could do 10-52 gauge. I have the SE version and it's great.

I have a McCarty with a \m/ in the bridge and an 85/15 in the neck. It's a sweet combo.

I have Ms in my Mccarty for D tuning but we aren't doing any D material anymore. I have a set of 8515s gong in along with new 408 style switching. Will have it done this week.

The Ms do very well tuned to D and drop C

I have Ms in my Mccarty for D tuning but we aren't doing any D material anymore. I have a set of 8515s gong in along with new 408 style switching. Will have it done this week.

The Ms do very well tuned to D and drop C

I normally don't like the HFS but it worked well detuned.

Does the 408 handle drop tunings and heavy stuff very well?

If you're directing that question to me, I can't say. I'm going to put 408 style switching in my McCarty along with 8515 pickups in the next week.

M pickups are good for what you are referring to. Nice output with great note clarity and they resist muddiness. Very balanced pickups.

I have two sets of M pickups. I'm keeping the uncovered ones but I think I'll sell my covered set.

Back