custom 24 trem bar and the case...

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by DHW, Sep 15, 2015.

1. DHW

DHW New Member

I've actually been using the trem a bit lately and was curious before I tried anything that might break something... Is the case built to put the guitar in with the arm attached?

2. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

It's not really made to, but I guess it'll be fine if you do.. Why not just take it out and put it in the compartment?

3. DHW

DHW New Member

Keeping track of the allen wrench to tighten the set screw is my fear lol... If it's not compensated to do it I will just take it off, I'd rather not take any chances.

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

The set screw only needs occasional adjustment. Don't worry about it. The plastic collar that holds the arm in place is flexible enough that it can go in and out no problem.

5. guitarman001

guitarman001 New Member

Surely you can't put it in the case with the trem arm in.... unless you're ok with the bridge being depressed the whole time. Just doesn't sound right to me - I'd put it in the compartment... Wouldn't risk it on a core (or any other) guitar..

6. greiswig

greiswig New Member

You could do it, so long as you ensured that it reduced tension on the strings when you closed the case. For traveling and checking the guitar with baggage apes, that's not a bad idea. Otherwise, though, your neck needs time to settle in after full tension returns, and while it is readjusting your tuning will go out. So for the most part you are better off pulling the arm out when casing the instrument.

7. Djames

Djames New Member

I always take it out and have never had a problem with it. I've never had to adjust it either, fits like a glove.

8. Ovibos

Ovibos Unsure why all necks aren't rosewood

With a question like this, I think you need a bumper sticker for your PRS case:

"My other guitar is a Jazzmaster"

9. DHW

DHW New Member

LOL... I know, I know... stupid question... I had been loosening the set screw every time I remove the trem arm which was getting kinda old. Didn't want to force it in and out. I will just have to find the sweet spot where it is tight enough but not too tight.

10. Ovibos

Ovibos Unsure why all necks aren't rosewood

That's what she...

Nah. Too much of a softball.