Custom 24 Throwback

Big Mard

Little Gassy Here
I was in Guitar center in Richmond today and spotted this beauty. Faded Indigo Purple.

17_11173550_a_lg.jpg

it was Sweet. As per their website.

When Paul Smith started building guitars, he did it to match his passion for music with his admiration of the artistry of guitar building. Little did he know that he would make an indelible mark on the guitar world when he began production of the PRS Custom 24 in 1985.

To honor these fabled guitars, Guitar Center Platinum has teamed up with Paul Reed Smith to produce the PRS Custom 24 Throwback Series. Limited to a total production of 100 guitars and offered in an assortment of six colors, these guitars pay tribute to that first year of production. Details such as a small neck heel, a reproduction Mann one-piece bridge, locking winged tuners, Sweet Switch, 5909 pickups and original-style blue-lined case were included in the design of this fantastic guitar.

Also included with this guitar is an extra set of replicated 1985 T&B pickups, extra set of lampshade knobs, a letter of authenticity and a back plate signed by Paul Smith.

The headstock veneer is so out of place on this run but they are still way cool. The deep Sweet Switch crater is understandable - we don't want unscrupulous people trying to pass these off as the original deal.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;96105 said:
The headstock veneer is so out of place on this run but they are still way cool. The deep Sweet Switch crater is understandable - we don't want unscrupulous people trying to pass these off as the original deal.

Right? I remember talking to Markie and being like "dude... a flamed maple headstock veneer, really?" haha

Colour looks übercool here. I was stunned for a moment when i saw the sweet switch :haha: but yeah it's Throwback, just like the original with a few differences to tell them apart. Really curious about the sound of the T&B :p

Not having any experience with the original era guitars, I really liked the Throwback I played. It was also purple, with a really beautiful dirty top. It was my first time playing with the sweet switch. I liked the guitar overall.

Really curious about the sound of the T&B :p

Got mine used, I am pretty sure it has the 59/09s in it since the previous owner included all the candy including the T&Bs...sounds great, with gain its got these really cool "edge of feedback" harmonics even on the neck pup...never really thought about swapping them.

Markie - which pups do you have in yours?

Diggin the faded cherry burst, like my original CST24:

002_zps59a3e5c3.jpg

Even the period-incorrect headstock:

004_zps25a4173c.jpg

Back