Custom 24 SE

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Aaron Robinson, May 15, 2018.

1. Aaron Robinson

Aaron Robinson New Member

Hey fam, I have had my 2017 PRS for a while now and still fricken love it. However, I would very much like to know how you guys with the same guitar have your bridges set up so that the vibrato is usable?

Currently there are 4 springs in, which makes it feel stiff but im afraid of changing it and losing tuning stability. its also floating but just barely. I would say about 1mm. What height is ideal?

2. Darkho

Darkho New Member

Hey,
    You will have all informations here : http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/bridges.html
    "Adjust the claw screws about 1/4 turn at a time until the bridge floats perpendicular to and about 1/16th off the body. Tune to pitch and check, re-adjust until the bridge sits properly."
    So the good heigh is 1/16 = 1.59mm

3. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

No offence toward your knowledge, but if you’re adjusting bridge screws, release the string tension!

Happy adjusting:D

dogrocketp and bodia like this.
  4. gush

gush New Member

If your trem works as it should and stays in tune with use then remove a spring but move the remaining 3 so they are even.

As said above if trem needs to tilt up then loosen claw screws on back of guitar in trem cavity 1/4 turn each at a time, retune and check for level.

Don't fool with the 6 fulcrum screws and you'll be fine.

5. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

I also recommend trying three trem springs - you may need to tightened them up via the claw screws, as gush stated.