Custom 24 scoop not deep enough

Toolmaster Of Brainerd

I finally own a PRS!
I find that the scoop on the lower horn isn't very useful for me. When I play frets 23 and 24 my hand still hits the body. I think it would be perfect if the scoop went all the way through the body, but as it is I don't find it as helpful as I expected.

Anyone else have this problem?

DISTORT6

NJ Devil
I find that the scoop on the lower horn isn't very useful for me. When I play frets 23 and 24 my hand still hits the body. I think it would be perfect if the scoop went all the way through the body, but as it is I don't find it as helpful as I expected.

All of my guitars are practically new from the 12th fret down.:p:D

DISTORT6

NJ Devil
Michael-Jackson-Said-His-Family-Confused-1-Osmonds-Song-for-a-Jackson-5-Song-2048x1499.jpg

This is why god invented Jacksons.

LSchefman

Historical Entity

I don't go that high very often, but when I do, it isn't a problem. Might be an individual 'playing position' thing, or even related to the length of our fingers, hands, etc. We're all built a little differently.

Then again, I use my guitars in connection with my livelihood. As the old saw says, there's no money above the 12th fret. ;)

Toolmaster Of Brainerd

I finally own a PRS!
Keep in mind, my skill level doesn’t allow me to play there either so no offense is meant. I don’t want to come across as attacking the OP for playing there. I believe the intent is in fun.
Anyone can play there, regardless of skill level, even if you don't have occasion to play there.

There's a riff in the second chorus of Hotel California that has a bend on fret 24. It's a pretty cool little riff. It's a good starting point if you just want to try using that fret sometime.

I don't know if anyone in Eagles actually had a 24 fret guitar. I think they used a pinch harmonic to hit that note? No idea. I don't know much about Eagles.

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Anyone can play there, regardless of skill level, even if you don't have occasion to play there.

There's a riff in the second chorus of Hotel California that has a bend on fret 24. It's a pretty cool little riff. It's a good starting point if you just want to try using that fret sometime.

I don't know if anyone in Eagles actually had a 24 fret guitar. I think they used a pinch harmonic to hit that note? No idea. I don't know much about Eagles.

It may have been a pinch harmonic, it may have been a bit of feedback, but I don't think it was played at the 24th fret.

Just checked a few videos. Don Felder shows the lick starting at about 7:45 in this one.

Watching a couple live clips, he played it in the same spot - it definitely lacked the higher pitch I hear on the studio version. Steuart Smith in another clip played it in the same position but hammered on to a note way up in the 20s - it cuts away before you see the actual hammer. And I've seen Smith play it w/a pinch harmonic. It'd be a heck of a jump to get up to 24 in the lick the way Felder shows it and do it smoothly. Not impossible, but impressive.