Custom 24 or Santana MD? Toughts?

vox801

I'm torn between the 2. Both have 24 frets. Custom has 59/09 pickups. Santana has master voicing control. Just looking for opinions.... Thanks!

The two are pretty different

CU24 25" scale 10 in radius normal with a Standard or thin neck Rotary or 5 way electronics switch

Santana 24.5 in scale 10 or 11.5 in Radius and Santana ( fat ) neck carve three way toggle switch for electronics

And a different body shape and headstock

Looking at what you have I would go Santana but a CU24 is always a good thing

Both great guitars

you'll never put it down

24 with the rotary 5 Way switch. more for your buck

Wow! Banned without a Santana!!!! Here's the story. I went and played both... a lime green Custom 24, gold hardware, regular neck (that actually felt quite clubby) 59 pick-ups and a black Santana MD with master voicing. They both had their merits.. I was a little concerned with the MD having 2 nine volt batteries, but it had some nice tones and was leaning that way... THEN... the sales guy bought out a Custom 24 NOS 2008 with a solid rosewood neck and rotory switch.... I guess I can't come back because once I played it and felt that neck... I put a deposit on it! I also really liked the tones from the rotary. Now it does have a 10 top in Santana yellow... does that count? Can I come back?

Last edited:
LOVE Cu24 with rotary, especially with the HFS/VB combination. Not a bad sound to be found. Sounds like you stumbled on to a beauty. I'll never part with mine.

That said, my Santana ain't ever going anywhere either!

Back